8611 error on Ibm Thinkpad 600E

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 14, 2005 1:03:10 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptop (More info?)

I got an error 8611 on a Thinkpad 600E, and on restart I see the
ok with a line thru it point to an IBM symbol.

Is this machine usable or is it done for ?

I have replaced the keyboard and the little subcard or board with no
luck.

thanks..

| Etop Udoh | Http://www.geocities.com/sdruid11 |
| P.O. Box 1054| Http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/sdruid |
|Snellville, Ga| Http://home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-sdruid |
| 30078 | Http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/bit/9122 |
|--------------| Http://home.earthlink.net/~sdruid11 |
| A+ Certified Net+ Certified |
| \/ \/ |
|sdruid11@earthlink.net |sdruid11@bellsouth.net |sdruid11@yahoo.com|
| !! ..........Peace and Love to All......... !! |
a b D Laptop
July 15, 2005 3:47:55 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptop (More info?)

8611 is a trackpoint error. It has to be the keyboard or the sub card,
veryrarely the system board (which is cheap and easy to replace
anyway).
You probably got a bad KB or subcard.