Worried about Toledo 301 case...

Anthriel

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Greetings everyone! Long time follower, first time poster here. :hello:

I am building a new system soon, and have been looking at the Azzatek cases... hoping to get a Toledo 301, but may have to settle for the Spartan 102E ... it all depends on if they get more Toledo's in at the local MicroCenter.

So, question is: in all the pics I have seen inside these cases, it looks like they have they have the motherboard risers built into the case. Should I still use some standoffs just to be sure?

Second question: I am planning on sticking a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard in there. The mobo looks like it has 9 screw holes for connection to the case, but both of the Azzatek cases look like they only have 6 pre-drilled holes. Am I just not seeing 3 in the cases and, if not, will it be a problem to have only 6 out of 9 mobo screws in place?

Ok... hopefully that all makes sense. Thanks in advance for any feedback! :wahoo:

Solution
Welcome!
it looks to me that it is a cheap way to eliminate standoffs, they would come with the case if you needed them. The 3 missing ones are at the top of the cases and cant bee seen like the pictures are taken.

Anthriel

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Thanks for the input! I figured I probably just couldn't see the top holes due to the picture angle, but I always like to have a second opinion before I go drop $200 on a case and mobo.

So, if the case has the built in risers, would it hurt anything if I went ahead and stuck in additional standoffs? Call me paranoid, but I really don't want to short this thing out! :D

TRENDING THREADS