Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asrock Z77 GPU setup

Last response: in Motherboards
July 15, 2012 4:34:01 PM

Hi,

I hope someone could help. im using a z77 extreme, the problem is when i check on GPU z it detects Intel HD Graphics instead of the discrete GPU 7850. ive checked the bios and it was set to PCI Express, and also if i check dxdiag it detects my 7850. i dont know how to fix this hope someone please help.

More about : asrock z77 gpu setup

July 15, 2012 4:43:51 PM

i think i have solved it. i just disabled the iGPU in the bios and when i checked back with GPUz it shows my GPU already.^^
Score

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2012 4:44:21 PM

if you have you display connected to your 7850 then your computer is working fine. I know the ASRock extreme series motherboards come with a power saving feature that switches between your discrete and integrated gpu depending on the graphics load. The technology is called Virtu Universal MVP, I don't know if there is a way to disable it if thats what your looking for. But basically if you just idling on your desktop its probably gonna switch to your intel card and when you play a game it'll switch to your Radeon 7850.
Related resources
July 15, 2012 4:55:38 PM

flank21 said:
if you have you display connected to your 7850 then your computer is working fine. I know the ASRock extreme series motherboards come with a power saving feature that switches between your discrete and integrated gpu depending on the graphics load. The technology is called Virtu Universal MVP, I don't know if there is a way to disable it if thats what your looking for. But basically if you just idling on your desktop its probably gonna switch to your intel card and when you play a game it'll switch to your Radeon 7850.

Really? sorry for my ignorance... i didnt know that it will switch over with the iGPU. i just thought that it was using the iGPU as my main graphics.
Score
a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2012 5:09:35 PM

tech_twist said:
Really? sorry for my ignorance... i didnt know that it will switch over with the iGPU. i just thought that it was using the iGPU as my main graphics.

hey no problem man, I am planning a build for a friend and was reading about ASRock's Virtu Universal MVP and just figured I'd share what I learned about it. Awesome that you found a way around it and for sharing.
Score
July 15, 2012 5:29:02 PM

Best answer selected by tech_twist.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
July 15, 2012 10:26:01 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!