New PC powers on then off then boots.

roscoslack

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Hello,

I recently built a new PC. Everything is working as intended but pushing the power button causes the following.

The computer turns on for 3 seconds, then turns off, then turns on and boots to windows. I'm not really sure how to fix this, or even begin to debug it.

Here is the build.

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
ASUS P8P67 WS REVOLUTION LGA
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V
Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
plus a 1.5tb drive of the same.
EVGA 012-P3-1570-AR GeForce GTX 570
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB)
Windows 7

Any help you guys could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

finn281175

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I noticed someone on another forum with the same issue and guess what mobo they had......Asus P8P67 WS Revolution LGA! Difficult one to answer. Any beeps on start-up when this happens? Also I have heard of this happening to other mobos when core unlocker is used in bios. You can always try setting bios defaults and tinkering with different settings to see if that makes any difference. Constant power up/power down loops can be caused by faulty caps on mobo/psu but your system obviously boots after first loop so shouldnt think this is problem. Are you running anything overclocked? Might be worth winding back settings to standard. Could even be a trait of this particular motherboard when matched with certain components. But wouldnt worry too much for now. If its a constant pattern and always boots fully after second power up I dont think there is anything too serious going on there.