Where to get a Memory Card?

I would like to get a Memory card to backup my games on my GBA SP, and save
them on my PC.
Can it be done?
If so, how, and where to get the stuff?

Thanks

Michel
4 answers Last reply
More about where memory card

    "Michel" <noemail@noemail.net> wrote in message
    >I would like to get a Memory card to backup my games on my GBA SP, and save
    > them on my PC.
    > Can it be done?
    > If so, how, and where to get the stuff?

    Not exactly what you are asking but Action Replay lets you save your games
    to the PC.

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 Michel <noemail@noemail.net> wrote:
    > I would like to get a Memory card to backup my games on my GBA SP, and save
    > them on my PC.
    > Can it be done?
    > If so, how, and where to get the stuff?

    I think the old Flash Linker let you do this.. the one that plugged into
    the printer port of your pc and then had an external attachment that you
    placed the flash cards into.

    afaik, it could also read GBA cartridges and you could both backup your
    save games AND create entire roms from the cartridge.
    --

    "I hear ma train a comin'
    .... hear freedom comin"

    www.flashlinker-shop.de

    Bye,

    "Michel" <noemail@noemail.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >I would like to get a Memory card to backup my games on my GBA SP, and save
    > them on my PC.
    > Can it be done?
    > If so, how, and where to get the stuff?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Michel

    "Michel" <noemail@noemail.net> wrote in message
    > I would like to get a Memory card to backup my games on my GBA SP, and
    save
    > them on my PC.
    > Can it be done?
    > If so, how, and where to get the stuff?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Michel

    I'm assuming you are refering to "backing up" actual games and not just game
    saves.

    I bought my Flashcart from Jandaman and was very happy with how quickly it
    shipped. I bought from them because of how they ranked at "Retailer
    Ratings". Don't know if they ship to Europe though.

    Another idea, besides Flashcarts, is picking up one of those new "adapters"
    that allow you to use a CF memory card basically like a "Flashcart". There
    was a thread on the NG not too long ago about them. Not the "Media Player"
    that does NES/Famicom emulation, but an actual "adapter" that basically
    behaves as if the CF card were a Flashcart. Don't know the URL offhand,
    you'll have to google. Eventually I'm planning on picking one up myself --
    as I have 1 Gbyte CF memory card here that goes basically unused.

    Note that flashcarts are measured in bits, not bytes. A 256 Mbit Flashcart
    will fit 32 Megabytes worth of ROM stored on your PC. Depending on the
    flashcart, it may even be slightly less since flashcarts need to have a
    "loader" installed in addition to the actual ROMs. Some flashcarts have
    slightly extra espace to accommodate the "loader", some don't.

    Anyway, as you can see, the CF adapter with a 1 Gbyte CF card, would be
    freaking enormous compared to any of the flashcarts!

    Cheers,
    -Eric

Console Gaming Memory Card Games Video Games