Built this last year...any upgrades?

darkside_gamer7

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
Hi
I built this system last year and I was just wondering to myself a day or two ago if I shld do some upgrades on it. Any help in any area would be great.

Going to be having some extra cash soon and I have been looking up some Hdd upgrades like adding some space or maybe getting a Good SD. I don't really have a short price limit so all suggestions will be taken. I am also either looking into getting a second Gpu or upgrading my current one. And even possibly getting a better mobo for OC ability. This is mainly used as a gaming rig but other things are done with it. Or maybe some advice to bump a speed or two wouldn't hurt...clock, etc.

This b my build right now:

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth p67
CPU: Intel 2500k Non-OC'd at the moment but maybe like to try with better motherboard...Has a CM v-6 GT cooler on it.
GPU: AMD 6970 HD 2 GB at factory clock settings...from sapphire if thats relevant
HDD: 2x 500GB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA III 6/GB In RAID 0
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 with factory timings 9-9-9-24
PSU: 1000 watt Corsair w/ plenty of connections.
Have a 24" LED/LCD Monitor which is gr8 for now and I also hook it to my 42" when I want 2.
I have a dvd drive when I need to use any optical but a decent blu-ray or a cheap one might be cool.

Any help wld be gr8 and if anyone thinks i'm good where I stand...that be good 2 but pls state y...thx :)

Frisbee_68

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
This looks like a very good system to me. If you want to upgrade anything, get a good quality SSD rather than a new GPU. Either that, or wait for the new line of graphics cards to come out.

darkside_gamer7

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
k...Been really eyeing nvidia gpus cause I have read alot that they are more compatible with alot of todays games...and I've been playing witcher 2 lately and its been a ltl choppy on ultra which is weird but then I found its only recognizing 1gb of my vid mem...any suggestions...???...or is this a amd vs nvidia thing???

TRENDING THREADS