Graphics Card 2 X ATI Sapphire HD 5770 1GB DDR5 @850/1200MHz in CrossfireX
Sound Card Onboard 7.1 HD Audio/Bluetooth Stereo Audio/C-Media USB 5.1
Monitor(s) Displays 32" Soundwave LCD @ 1920X1080/42" Samsung Plasma @1920X1080
Screen Resolution 1920X1080
Keyboard Accuratus Toughball 2.4GHz
Mouse Microsoft Laser Mouse 5000/Emprex Cheetah 2000dpi Optical
PSU Evo Labs 900W 80+ 80 plus Dual 12V ATX PC PSU
Case Cooler Master Mystique 631
Cooling Corsair H50 With 2X120mm Push/Pull,3X 120mm (FrX1,SideX2).
Hard Drives Seagate Barracuda LP 1.5TB SAMSUNG HD154UI 1.5TB SAMSUNG HD 204UI 2TB
Internet Speed 5500kbps
Other Info LG BH10LS30.AUAU10B 10x Internal Blu-Ray BDRW Corsair H50 Water Cooling With Push/Pull 120mm Fans
OCZ Extreme Thermal Convectio

I Just bought an LG W2363D 23" Full HD Gaming monitor. It says it works with the Nvidea 3D kit, but what are the chances of getting this monitor and the Nvidea 3D kit working with my graphics setup?
Thanks.

I don't know, but I recall reading an article here about AMD's 3D and I think it said you need a 3d HDTV... as in, it doesn't work with Nvidia's kit. But I don't know for sure. I guess you'll have to do some research.

RealGoneKid

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Thanks, I have been researching all day, thought this forum may pull up some answers. I would be happy to use a set of LG glasses but LG said this monitor only works with the Nvidia kit. I have 3D capable drivers "IZ3D" drivers which work fine for Anaglyph on my HDTV. I would not like to have to change graphics cards just to have 3D capabilities on this monitor.

Not sure on that but I have heard however that the nvidia glasses are garbage and that there are many issues with gaming in 3d and the drivers associated. I have heard of some enthusiasts using the 3d glasses from their high end sony bravia for example in place of the nvidia ones. I have also heard that the nvidia glasses are really dark, check out some reviews and you will likely see the same. To me it seems like something that I will wait a few years to pursue, the tech is just not their yet and certainly not affordable, my 2 cents. Beyond compatibility issues on both camps I would say that it would be really tough to produce 120 fps (60hz or fps per eye) in order to game in 3d with only a 5770, its just not going to happen. Now wolframs system could potentially have the gpu to do this... Anyways I think if you want to pursue 3d gaming, you get a high end nvidia card or an sli setup

RealGoneKid

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Thank you for your respoe. I have got 2 X HD 5770 Sapphires in crossfire (Don't know if that changes your opinion). And I have also heard that the Nvidea glasses are lacking and really dissapointing. I saw a review of the monitor here (http://www.which.co.uk/technology/computing/reviews-ns/lg-w2363d-pc-monitor/) that says that this monitor comes with the glasses, but LG insists it does not. I saw these glasses(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-LG-AG-S250-RECHARGEABLE-ACTIVE-SHUTTER-3D-GLASSES-/130518512609?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e638273e1) but again there may be compatibility issues. The write up for this monitor here(http://www.lg.com/uk/it-products/monitors/LG-3d-lcd-monitor-W2363D.jsp) does state some impressive features including the 60Hz per eye you mentioned. I have just got this system running like a dream and moving to a single card setup with no chance of SLI (Motherboard is not compatible) so would need a 580 to be worth the change. AMD says that my graphacis card is ready for 3D Blu Ray and 3D gaming (http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-hd3d/Pages/supported-hardware.aspx). And Tridef test show that my card is compatible for that too (http://ddd.com/cart/pages.php?pageid=11).
I have already ordered the monitor and cannot cancel. Perhaps if there was a way to use the 120hz capability along side IZ3D or AMD 3D drivers I could still have a 3D experience?

yeah amd is just not the way to go for 3d.... crossfire 5770 will do a little better but imo even a 5870 would struggle to produce 120 fps in games such as BFBC2 and crysis etc.. I would go for a budget eyeinfinity setup if I were you, if you want 3d, sell you 5770s and get a gtx 570 or something

basically what im saying is that even if it works there are many known glitches across several games with the nvidia 3d drivers so just think about how bad the AMD 3d drivers would likely be, although I have never owned such a setup so I cannot speak from personal experience, I would just assume that using nvidias tech for 3d gaming is the way to go, but it is my opinion that it is really not worth at this time... I will wait for displays that do-not require the seuizure inducing glasses, lol, sorry to be a smartass but these are my thoughts on the matter