Help on Camera Choice

Hi,

I am looking to get a new digital Camera. The two I have decided on are the
Fuji S5500 (5100 US I think) or the Dimage Z3. (I would actually prefer to
go cheaper and get the Z20 or something like that as money is pretty tight
and I am new to this digital lark although I do own an OLD Kodak DC215.)

Anyone have any recommendations on these. I have read horror stories on both
but mostly due to both these cameras being low cost.

Any help tips or alternatives would be welcomed.

Thanks

Mike R
2 answers Last reply
More about help camera choice

    What is your budget?

    "Thingumybob" <DasBlob@blobbyland.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking to get a new digital Camera. The two I have decided on are
    > the Fuji S5500 (5100 US I think) or the Dimage Z3. (I would actually
    > prefer to go cheaper and get the Z20 or something like that as money is
    > pretty tight and I am new to this digital lark although I do own an OLD
    > Kodak DC215.)
    >
    > Anyone have any recommendations on these. I have read horror stories on
    > both but mostly due to both these cameras being low cost.
    >
    > Any help tips or alternatives would be welcomed.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike R

    Hi there.

    My wife has the Fuji S5500, and it seems like an excellent little camera for
    the money. It is worth hunting around on the Internet, because it does seem
    to be available at quite a wide range of prices.

    I have been able to get good quality 10inch x 8inch prints from it, and
    suspect that I could get even larger prints. So the lens quality etc, does
    seem pretty good.

    It can save Raw Files, which should produce even better results than the "4
    Mb Fine Jpg", but these Raw Files are 8Mb in size. (My Nikon D70 saves in
    Raw at 5Mb). This means less pictures per Card.

    The only thing I don't like, apart from the electronic VF, (its no worse
    than any other), is that it is fairly hefty on batteries, and you would
    really need to use 2300ma NimHs.

    Roy G

    "Thingumybob" <DasBlob@blobbyland.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking to get a new digital Camera. The two I have decided on are
    > the Fuji S5500 (5100 US I think) or the Dimage Z3. (I would actually
    > prefer to go cheaper and get the Z20 or something like that as money is
    > pretty tight and I am new to this digital lark although I do own an OLD
    > Kodak DC215.)
    >
    > Anyone have any recommendations on these. I have read horror stories on
    > both but mostly due to both these cameras being low cost.
    >
    > Any help tips or alternatives would be welcomed.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike R

Photo Cameras