9500GS Idle temp 71

electrolics

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Hello,

Just got this PCIe card 9500GS 512mb it is used and came as a gift, the idle temp on this card is 71 C.

Tried a 3D game after almost a minute it crashed

any suggestions, I also installed the latest drivers.

Thanks in advance

Solution
It seems that the card is faulty or the fan on it is not working well.Try to use EVGA precision to increase the fan speed and if still it overheats , you can try to reapply thermal paste if it is not covered by warranty. :)

ashfaq786

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
It seems that the card is faulty or the fan on it is not working well.Try to use EVGA precision to increase the fan speed and if still it overheats , you can try to reapply thermal paste if it is not covered by warranty. :)

Solution

electrolics

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
thanks for reply

I did increase the fan speed to 90% (using the EVGA precision) which decreased the temperature to 57 on load, BUT still the PC crashes when I start any 3d game or even refresh windows 7 experience index,

Also the GPU usage does not exceed 98% (as shown on EVGA precision)

what should I do?

sorry for the late reply

mute20

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011

You might be out of luck as the card was probably faulty so they gave it to you. If you are looking for a replacement you could pick up a 6670 ,which would be a lot better than what you currently have. This card would not require a extra power connector.