Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Download
  • Windows 7
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 23, 2011 2:50:45 AM

Hello,
my windows is restarting again and again. sometimes it is working fine, but then after 10-15 mins, it again restarts. it started yesterday, i thought of it as normal so i didnt pay much attention but now its freaking me out. please help. i have windows 7 ultimate version. and i didnt download any malware or something.

More about : windows restarting

a b B Homebuilt system
a b $ Windows 7
July 23, 2011 3:18:26 AM

You probably have a hardware issue. Please create a new post in one of the Hardware sections. Include detailed info about your system and specify which version of Windows 7 is installed.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
July 23, 2011 5:09:59 AM

+1. Sounds like you have either a heat problem, or a faulty stick of RAM. Use MemTest86+ to check the ram, and HWMonitor to check your temps.
m
l
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
July 23, 2011 5:11:28 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Windows 7 to section Systems by The_Prophecy
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 23, 2011 5:32:09 AM

I say your PSU is the problem, since thats the #1 cause to the restarting problems.
but please, post your specs.
m
l
July 23, 2011 2:35:25 PM

Random restart can be any thing from a software or loose connection to a failing motherboard. In my experience, the easiest way to diagnose the problem is pull everything out of the case and build the computer on a non-conducting surface. The from there test all the hardware components. But I agree, please post your system specs.
m
l
!