Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_twist

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Hi,

Dont know if this is the right thread to post this but please help me just want to verify something with Virtu MVP.

1. If i where to use Virtu MVP does it use the iGPU instead of the discrete GPU? because when i check on GPUz it shows the iGPU Intel Graphics.

2. How will i know if Virtu MVP is using my discrete GPU when gaming?

tech_twist

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

ok i'll check on that box at the bottom later once i got home and will reply here to verify. ah so its just like a hybrid crossfire? but a friend of mine said not to install the driver for the intel graphics. is that true? because when i read about Virtu MVP it will not work if the intel graphics/iGPU driver is not installed.

you want to plug your video into your gpu. under the mvp software you select the game and there two check marks one for the igpu and one for the gpu. you want to try the check mark in both setting and run fraps to see if your speed improves. depending on your gpu and your driver it may or may not work...

tech_twist

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

sorry i couldnt understand what your saying here. but if your saying about the settings to select games i know how to select them. but what i wanted to know is how will i found out that im using my discrete GPU while playing with Virtu MVP enabled?

tech_twist

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

ok, i have it checked last night and you are correct. i saw the other option for the discrete graphics card under GPUz. thanks! but what is the best settings? should i disable Virtu if om only browsing, typing and watching movies? or much better to always leave it turned on?

Status
Not open for further replies.