Upgrade now or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellspawn360

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Well, just wanted to start off by saying that i'm new here, and have been coming to this website for some time, but let's get to the point.

I have a 512 MB 4850, that well, as you can imagine is getting pretty slow for the games that i want to play. Like, crysis, crysis 2, and games along that line. I play on 1920*1080, and my question is should i upgrade now, with like a 6950 2gg? or just wait for the new 7*** series from AMD?

I think that i could wait for the 7*** series.... But I would be grateful for you guys' opinions. :p

Solution
There is never a point in waiting unless you ARE getting the performance you want. If you wait around for the 7000 series, then you might as well wait around for the 8000 series series as it will be around the corner and then the 9000 series, etc etc.

Helltech

Distinguished
There is never a point in waiting unless you ARE getting the performance you want. If you wait around for the 7000 series, then you might as well wait around for the 8000 series series as it will be around the corner and then the 9000 series, etc etc.

Solution

Zenthar

Distinguished
I agree with Helltech, there is always something around the corner, if not GPU it will be CPU. Although I think upgrading to a 6950 would be a huge step up, you need to consider the rest of your rig. What is you current setup?

Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
imo i'd wait till the new AMD gpu or Nvidia cards come out...Im sure AMD or Nvidia will come out with a single gpu that's just as powerful as the new AMD or Nvidia duel gpu cards..Right now im still using my GTX 295 and it runs everything on high settings while gaming with no lagg...I won't be upgrading for a while...

flycpd

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
Helltech ia right. If you wait to upgrade for the "next best thing", you would still be using the original IBM PCjr. Wether you are talking about video cards, motherboards, or any other computer part, get what will do what YOU want it to do now. Yes, you can look a little bit into the future (no need for a 5 1/4" floppy drive, and yes, I FINALLY threw mine out last month), but don't look to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.