Can I get a projected performance on TES:V?

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Just a question out of curiosity. Right now, I still have my single Radeon HD 5770 humming right along until I feel an actual need to upgrade my GPU. Sure, it would be nice to have a brand new MSI Hawk HD 6970 TFIII beside me, but I figure for $150, the good old 5770 is still doing pretty good. I don't really see any true need to upgrade it right at the moment.

Anyway, back on topic. Based on some of the other games coming out/that have came out, can anyone guesstimate how well a single HD 5770 on a Phenom II x4 965 with 12GB of DDR3 would be able to play TES V: Skyrim at 1080p? I'll be waiting all year for that release, along with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Just bored right now and figured I'd ask opinions. I'm not sure if anyone else is as pumped for Skyrim as I am... its probably gonna cost me an extra $500 in system upgrades to get it looking the best it possibly can. ;) I'm guessing the majority of those reading this are about as clueless as me, though, so I don't expect some overly accurate answers to be honest... Oh well.

I believe you should just wait till it comes out. I think it should be more demanding than the previous elder scrolls, but will likely be a bit limited by dx9 and the fact that consoles have to run it too. The screenshots so far do look nice regardless of that. Im sure they will give us PC users some high detail textures and a few other good bits, but i expect it to run well on a mid range computer with medium detail settings at 1080p.