Cooler Master HAF X 942 Back plate not large enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayto11

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Does The Cooler Master HAF X 942 not have a large enough back plate cut out or did the guy in the video not line it up correctly? picture?
please or my case dream may be crushed...
also
1) Most important that I did not catch in time (and I am a dumbass for because when I saw the problem I went oh no, I read about this already!) is that this case has a short in the front panel that will fry the USB/Firewire chip on your mother board. The silver pins sticking out of the front panel board pierce the wire that lights the front case's LED so if you run the system with the front panel installed you will get a smoking hot chip and eventually no USB/Firewire. People have not yet reported it taking out other components on the motherboard than these but there is the heads up. This is somewhat an easy fix, even for someone not very mechanically inclined like me. The pins simply need to be made lower.. I hear people shortening them with a file, I chose to simply bend them down a bit, being careful not to cross them or contact the board with them.
is this on all cases or a 1 in a million chance

Solution

No, it is not a big deal! How often does one have to take the motherboard out? The new build should be assembled outside the case (bread-boarding), then powered up, and after success it must be put into the case. After that everything stays put. My HAF 932 has this cutout but I don't even know whether I need it. My next case will be the HAF-X; cutout or not!

Yes, I watched the video. You are right, the cutout won't work for certain combinations of motherboard and brackets.

I have the HAF-932 and the EVGA Classified motherboard, and in two years, I switched out the motherboard once. For the switchout I had to take the entire motherboard out of the case, so the cutout did not matter to me.

In any event, my next case will be the HAF-X because of the nice features.

dayto11

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

so this isnt a huge deal?

No, it is not a big deal! How often does one have to take the motherboard out? The new build should be assembled outside the case (bread-boarding), then powered up, and after success it must be put into the case. After that everything stays put. My HAF 932 has this cutout but I don't even know whether I need it. My next case will be the HAF-X; cutout or not!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS