Suspecting bad mobo, but....

AE50P

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hey everyone, first post here. I recently purchased the parts to build my first pc. With the exception of a few hitches, I was able to get it up and running within a few hours and install Windows 7 on the hard drive and begin to install the drivers and get the internet working etc. However, after about an hour, the whole thing suddenly shut off. I thought it might be something related to a power outage or something so I didn't worry too much. But the next day, the computer wouldn't stay on for more than a minute and soon only powered up briefly, spun the fans on the cpu cooler, psu and case for a few seconds, then turned off. This cycle repeated several times before I turned the computer off. I took out all the parts, left on just the cpu, and stock cooler, same thing, fans power up and all 4 phase LED's light up for a couple seconds then go off. I tried the paperclip test for the psu and it seemed to work fine. I have been led to believe that it may be the motherboard, but i want to be sure before I try to get a new one. If there are any other ideas as to what is wrong, that would help a lot. Thanks guys.

Specs:
Intel 2500k
MSI P67 (B3)
8g G-skill Ripjaw (1333)
1tb Samsung spinpoint F3
Zotac gtx 560
Antec 300 illusion
Corsair enthusiast 650w
CM 212 cpu cooler