Win7 Boot configuration

humanizr

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Hello, I´ve recently built a system using the asus sabertooth P67, 8gb of corsair vengeance memory and intel i7 2600k cpu. This is my first build so its possible I´ve made some obvious errors. Ever since the first time I started the system I got one short beep from POST which I assume means "quick boot set to disable" since the keyboard works.

My main issue is that everytime windows7 starts up it enters windows boot manager where it tells me to choose the operating system to start. The choices it gives me are Windows 7, and then again Windows 7. The first time I installed windows I installed it on my slower drive by accident, so I unplugged that one and installed it again on my faster drive, have I confused the system somehow by doing this?

Also right after start up for a split second a message flashes saying something about disk not detected.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Solution
You should be able to remove the extraneous Windows 7 entry in boot manager by using msconfig, under the boot tab, but you need to make sure you remove the correct one. Off the top of my head, I don't know an easy way to accomplish that.

-Wolf sends

humanizr

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
ok, maybe I worded things a bit messed up, let me start with just this, anyone know how to enable quick boot on a sabertooth p67 motherboard? I cant find the settings anywhere in bios, thanks

Wolfshadw

Titan
You should be able to remove the extraneous Windows 7 entry in boot manager by using msconfig, under the boot tab, but you need to make sure you remove the correct one. Off the top of my head, I don't know an easy way to accomplish that.

-Wolf sends

Solution

humanizr

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011

Thanks, that helped. One of the Windows 7 entries in msconfig is labled as C:/current drive, so I assume that´s the one I want to keep.