Asus A7V AMR Modem

AlphaFox

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a Asus A7V with a T-bird 1Ghz. I want to use the ARM slot cuz I dont want to wast any PCI slots. the A7V requires a special AMR modem, one which the braket faces up instead of down like most AMR modems, it says this on the manual for the board. I have yet to find anyone who has this stupid thing, has anyone had any luck? I tried a regular AMR modem with no luck.
also, what about performance? would I be better off getting a $40 PCI modem? Thanx -

G

I thought I read and article on tom's about that ARM support and how mauch crap it would be.
If you as me, if you have a hefty system, greater then 300mhz, get a PCI software modem, cheap and works great.
I got this no name "Aureal". I connect at 49.333 everytime.

Its no cable modem but for twenty bucks it got me out of that 33.6 USR modem that only would connect at 28.8.

Take Care.
If money was no object, how could you spend it!

G

Wow I didn't know that AMR (audio modem riser) has bad features.
Crazy_mck can you give full description for your Aureal modem. Thanks.

G

You are forgetting one crutial fact. By using the AMR on that A7V, you will be sacrificing a PCI slot reguardless because not only does the AMR share the resources for the 5th PCI slot, it also blocks the opening on the case, preventing you from putting anything in the pci slot anyway! Trust me, you are MUCH better of proformance wise, not to mention flexability wise going with some sort of PCI modem. Besides, from what i understand, the worst PCI modems still better than the best AMRS...

-Joykiller
A7V,Tbird 1gig,GeForce2 GTS,Life is good....

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree with Joykiller. Get a PCI modem. I got a Creative PCI ModemBlaster for $34 US at buy.com. Bestbuy has it for about $30 US after rebate. It connects at 48000bps and gives you fax and speakerphone capabilities if you want them.

James<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ravenprime on 11/18/00 01:47 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Sorry for the late reply. I don't do much internet on the weedends. I'm a stay at home father right now so I go online during the week days.

I can't give much of a description other then the name and that it is a 56K fax/voice modem. I lost the booklet and in my house I don't find things like that until spring cleaning.
Best of luck.

Take Care.
If money was no object, how could you spend it!

TRENDING THREADS