Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card stats on "can you run it"

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 17, 2011 6:54:19 AM

Hello,
I went on "can you run it" to see if I could play battlefield bad company 2 on it. My computer met the minimum requirements and most of the recommended requirements. The only one it didn't pass was the video card. I found this odd since my card met all the recommended attributes under that section. Does that mean the site made a mistake or were they right?

More about : graphic card stats run

a c 171 U Graphics card
May 17, 2011 8:37:36 AM

What card do you have? Minimum is the 7800GT/x1900. If you have an x1600 or something like that its close but not quite there. Without knowing your GPU, I can't say.
a c 130 U Graphics card
May 17, 2011 8:51:26 AM

Some times the attributes can be misleading. I have seen a spec ask for (just of the top of my head for an example) 256mb video card that is shader 2.0 compliant. Now that covers an awful lot of cards but dosent mean to say every card that can meet that spec can actually run the game.
Usually you will get a card listed as well so it would then be say 512mb video card DX9.0c and shader 2.0 capable Radeon X1950 pro or above.
Anyway as said if you give us more info then we can help more.

Mactronix :) 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2011 9:05:34 AM

Willis Macvalin said:
Hello,
I went on "can you run it" to see if I could play battlefield bad company 2 on it. My computer met the minimum requirements and most of the recommended requirements. The only one it didn't pass was the video card. I found this odd since my card met all the recommended attributes under that section. Does that mean the site made a mistake or were they right?

What card is it?
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2011 4:09:24 PM

Willis Macvalin said:
Hello,

Ummmm......did you think this was the psychic friends network? :hello: 
May 17, 2011 6:12:18 PM

Ok I have a GeForce GTS 250 graphics card.
a c 171 U Graphics card
May 17, 2011 7:29:57 PM

If you really have a GTS250 you should be fine. Do games currently play ok on your system? I'm wondering if you have the right driver for your card.
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2011 9:22:10 PM

GTS250 Is really a higher clocked, die shrink of the 8800GTS (G92). So it's pretty old. It will probably play with lowered details at low resolution, depending on what cpu you have (You failed to mention that as well).
a c 172 U Graphics card
May 18, 2011 11:02:01 AM

it should play it fine. a gts250 is similar performance to a gts450 or ati 5750 only it lacks dx11, so if anything it will perform better in dx11 games as it will run in dx9 mode.
!