Requrement of power supply in cori7 processor

The minimum requirement for the Core i7 Processor is 82 Watts and the Maximum goes to 130W.
This means a PSU with a minimum output of 350W is required to run the lowest possible config of the i7 series.

Here's something that you might find interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i7_microprocessors

Depending on the amount of current drawn by other components in the system you will need to calculate the Minimum amount of power that the system will need to work.
It is always better to have a little more power capable PSU in a system than the system actually needs.

Meaning if we calculate the power requirement to be 350W we would usually go for a 450W PSU.

beenthere

Distinguished
The link below will show you how to accurately determine what PSU power is required in watts and 12v rail amps. for your current or future PC build and which PSUs are quality PSUs that can supply this power reliably based on objective, scientific testing. This way you do not need to guess or rely on subjective opinions which may be conflicting.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read-determine-power-required

NEED MORE FOOD, err data.
Is this for a I7-2600k, Do you plan on Overcloking it, what GPU.
No OC, no dedicated GPU (using the Inernal IGP) then a quallity 300 Watt PSU is fine.

First and formost, always look for reviews of the PSU you are looking to buy - No review, or bad review, DON'T buy

What I do is determine the GPU that I'm going to use and look for a review for that GPU. The review will normally specify the Syem power UNDER load. Multiply that by 20 % and that is the Min size QUALLITY PSU that I buy. Normally these reviews are with an OC higher end CPU.

If You are only buying a single GPU, but plan on buying a 2nd on and xfire/sli then Look for total system power using that configuration, NOT the single GPU configuration.

I have a I5-2500k OCed to 4.6 and a AMD 6870 GPU. My sysem only draws about 350 Watts MAX. In this cass a 450 W-> 550 Watt would be an excellent choice. I have a 650 Watt PSU just incase I wanted to add a 2nd 6870 using xfire.