Questions Going from 250gts to a 570, and changing display to my TV

Ok so I have two gts 250 cards running in sli. Today I'm buying a 570 most likely and then I will keep one of my 250 cards for sli. The questions are,

1. do I leave the current drivers installed since I'm going to still have one of those cards in the unit. Because I already know I will have to install the drivers for the new card I just didn't know if they would interfere with one another?

2. I'm using a crappy old asus monitor with 60hrz refresh rate and with my new card I think I want to do a mini hdmi to hdmi and use my 42 inch jvc lcd TV as my new monitor, will this create problems? is running a TV like that on these two cards going to be to ruff on them when I'm playing games 4hrs a day? idk I'm just asking everything I can think of.

3. while using my TV as my monitor what's going to be the best screen resolution to use?, I know I'll have a few to choose from and should I put it on the lowest resolution possible to go easy on the new card?

Thank you for your help
3 answers Last reply
More about questions 250gts changing display
  1. GTX570 will not SLI with GTS250! Were you meaning using the GTS250 as physX card?
    It is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. The TV should work fine as a monitor, not sure about the response time though. The best resolution to use is the native for the TV!
  2. rolli59 said:
    GTX570 will not SLI with GTS250! Were you meaning using the GTS250 as physX card?
    It is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. The TV should work fine as a monitor, not sure about the response time though. The best resolution to use is the native for the TV!

Yes I meant dedi physX, and not to sound ignorant but how do i find the native for the TV?

And could you elaborate on response time?
  3. Being a LCD TV it is most likely 1080p or 720P. For 1080P 1920 x 1080 is the native and for 720p 1280 x720 but many support max 1366 x 768.
    Response time is measured in m-seconds the faster the less chance of ghosting on the screen, most LCD monitors today have 2-5ms response time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards TV Graphics