Sign in with
Your question

Questions Going from 250gts to a 570, and changing display to my TV

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 17, 2011 1:15:22 PM

Ok so I have two gts 250 cards running in sli. Today I'm buying a 570 most likely and then I will keep one of my 250 cards for sli. The questions are,

1. do I leave the current drivers installed since I'm going to still have one of those cards in the unit. Because I already know I will have to install the drivers for the new card I just didn't know if they would interfere with one another?

2. I'm using a crappy old asus monitor with 60hrz refresh rate and with my new card I think I want to do a mini hdmi to hdmi and use my 42 inch jvc lcd TV as my new monitor, will this create problems? is running a TV like that on these two cards going to be to ruff on them when I'm playing games 4hrs a day? idk I'm just asking everything I can think of.

3. while using my TV as my monitor what's going to be the best screen resolution to use?, I know I'll have a few to choose from and should I put it on the lowest resolution possible to go easy on the new card?

Thank you for your help
a c 1401 U Graphics card
May 17, 2011 1:36:49 PM

GTX570 will not SLI with GTS250! Were you meaning using the GTS250 as physX card?
It is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. The TV should work fine as a monitor, not sure about the response time though. The best resolution to use is the native for the TV!
m
l
May 17, 2011 1:50:16 PM

rolli59 said:
GTX570 will not SLI with GTS250! Were you meaning using the GTS250 as physX card?
It is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. The TV should work fine as a monitor, not sure about the response time though. The best resolution to use is the native for the TV!

Yes I meant dedi physX, and not to sound ignorant but how do i find the native for the TV?

And could you elaborate on response time?
m
l
a c 1401 U Graphics card
May 17, 2011 2:12:59 PM

Being a LCD TV it is most likely 1080p or 720P. For 1080P 1920 x 1080 is the native and for 720p 1280 x720 but many support max 1366 x 768.
Response time is measured in m-seconds the faster the less chance of ghosting on the screen, most LCD monitors today have 2-5ms response time.
m
l
!