Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Computer wont stay on longer then 30 seconds

Last response: in Components
October 21, 2011 9:25:31 AM

Hello :hello:  , I recently cleaned my computer from all the dust and when I put it back together and every time I power it up, no matter what i do, it will cut the power after about 30 seconds. Even if i go into the bios screen it does the same thing. I have triple checked all the power connections. I cant think of anything else that could be wrong, PLEASE HELP!! Thanks in advance. :) 

Frankie
a c 110 ) Power supply
October 21, 2011 9:37:47 AM

Are ALL cables plugged in???
m
l
October 21, 2011 9:42:49 AM

amuffin said:
Are ALL cables plugged in???

Ya triple checked that too.

Frankie
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

October 21, 2011 9:59:05 AM

It sounds like a heat problem.
Did you remove the CPU cooler?
If you did check if it is properly attached again. If you cleaned of the old Thermal paste did you apply new paste. The same count for all the chip set coolers and the GPU cooler.
October 21, 2011 9:59:49 AM

Sounds like the fan connector for the CPU fan is not seated properly. Since you have about 30 seconds before it shuts off you can confirm this by quickly entering the bios and checking the CPU temp. If it shows a very high temp then that means it's shutting down to prevent damage. Have a look.
m
l
October 21, 2011 7:39:45 PM

Best answer selected by loudwhisper.
m
l
October 21, 2011 7:40:57 PM

Rizlla said:
It sounds like a heat problem.
Did you remove the CPU cooler?
If you did check if it is properly attached again. If you cleaned of the old Thermal paste did you apply new paste. The same count for all the chip set coolers and the GPU cooler.

Yes thank you, after applying the new thermal grease the temp went down.

Frankie
m
l
!