Mario Pin Ball Land

Hi, I just started a few months ago playing Mario Pinball which is supposed
to be for my twin grandsons but I just cannot put it down. I am at the
level where there is a monster with a box on either side of him but cannot
seem to get past him. As far as I can see when the thing behind him flashes
I hit it and then hit him but I cannot hit him more than once before I lose
the ball as flippers freeze. Do you know how to get this guy? Am I on the
right track? Is he the last step before rescuing something or someone?
Thanks. Linda

"Kyle Linda via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> wrote in

> Hi, I just started a few months ago playing Mario Pinball which is
> supposed to be for my twin grandsons but I just cannot put it
> down. I am at the level where there is a monster with a box on
> either side of him but cannot seem to get past him. As far as I
> can see when the thing behind him flashes I hit it and then hit
> him but I cannot hit him more than once before I lose the ball as
> flippers freeze. Do you know how to get this guy? Am I on the
> right track? Is he the last step before rescuing something or
> someone? Thanks. Linda

This game wasn't very well received, bad reviews and all... So I doubt
too many know much about it. Your best bet will be searching for it on
gamefaqs.com ...

Mike

Mike Webster wrote:
> "Kyle Linda via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> wrote in
>
> > Hi, I just started a few months ago playing Mario Pinball which is
> > supposed to be for my twin grandsons but I just cannot put it
> > down. I am at the level where there is a monster with a box on
> > either side of him but cannot seem to get past him. As far as I
> > can see when the thing behind him flashes I hit it and then hit
> > him but I cannot hit him more than once before I lose the ball as
> > flippers freeze. Do you know how to get this guy? Am I on the
> > right track? Is he the last step before rescuing something or
> > someone? Thanks. Linda
>
> This game wasn't very well received, bad reviews and all... So I
doubt
> too many know much about it. Your best bet will be searching for it
on
> gamefaqs.com ...
>
> Mike

FYI, the two FAQs at gamefaqs.com are located at

http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/mario_pinball_land.txt
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/mario_pinball_land_boss.txt

It sounds as if you're at Bowser.

One hint that's not mentioned in these FAQs is to make sure your
flippers are in the up position when they're frozen (i.e., when Bowser
stomps the ground). They'll stay frozen in that position and therefore
have a good chance of trapping your ball before it drops off the
screen. If you do this, you should be able to survive in Bowser's room
indefinitely.

Mario Pinball Land is good as a pool-type puzzle game in which you have
to figure out how to hit targets with balls. It's not as good as a
pure pinball game because you often go a long time on a board without
scoring any points (particularly when a board is empty except for one
monster), and one of the attractions of pinball is racking up points
simply by banging away at the flippers. I think most of the people who
bought this game were looking for more of the second type of play, and
that's why the game got bad reviews. Actually, I was thinking that the
game would be like that also, but once I got used to the different kind
of play I found it challenging and interesting.

The game does have a few good traditional pinball boards: "Slot
Machine," "Mushroom Madness," and "Poke the Pokeys," to use the names
given in the first FAQ listed above. All of these boards either
constantly replace monsters you destroy or have bumpers you can easily
hit repeatedly for points.

--
MSC