Mario Pin Ball Land

Hi, I just started a few months ago playing Mario Pinball which is supposed
to be for my twin grandsons but I just cannot put it down. I am at the
level where there is a monster with a box on either side of him but cannot
seem to get past him. As far as I can see when the thing behind him flashes
I hit it and then hit him but I cannot hit him more than once before I lose
the ball as flippers freeze. Do you know how to get this guy? Am I on the
right track? Is he the last step before rescuing something or someone?
Thanks. Linda
2 answers Last reply
More about mario ball land

    "Kyle Linda via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> wrote in

    > Hi, I just started a few months ago playing Mario Pinball which is
    > supposed to be for my twin grandsons but I just cannot put it
    > down. I am at the level where there is a monster with a box on
    > either side of him but cannot seem to get past him. As far as I
    > can see when the thing behind him flashes I hit it and then hit
    > him but I cannot hit him more than once before I lose the ball as
    > flippers freeze. Do you know how to get this guy? Am I on the
    > right track? Is he the last step before rescuing something or
    > someone? Thanks. Linda

    This game wasn't very well received, bad reviews and all... So I doubt
    too many know much about it. Your best bet will be searching for it on
    gamefaqs.com ...

    Mike

    Mike Webster wrote:
    > "Kyle Linda via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> wrote in
    >
    > > Hi, I just started a few months ago playing Mario Pinball which is
    > > supposed to be for my twin grandsons but I just cannot put it
    > > down. I am at the level where there is a monster with a box on
    > > either side of him but cannot seem to get past him. As far as I
    > > can see when the thing behind him flashes I hit it and then hit
    > > him but I cannot hit him more than once before I lose the ball as
    > > flippers freeze. Do you know how to get this guy? Am I on the
    > > right track? Is he the last step before rescuing something or
    > > someone? Thanks. Linda
    >
    > This game wasn't very well received, bad reviews and all... So I
    doubt
    > too many know much about it. Your best bet will be searching for it
    on
    > gamefaqs.com ...
    >
    > Mike

    FYI, the two FAQs at gamefaqs.com are located at

    http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/mario_pinball_land.txt
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/mario_pinball_land_boss.txt

    It sounds as if you're at Bowser.

    One hint that's not mentioned in these FAQs is to make sure your
    flippers are in the up position when they're frozen (i.e., when Bowser
    stomps the ground). They'll stay frozen in that position and therefore
    have a good chance of trapping your ball before it drops off the
    screen. If you do this, you should be able to survive in Bowser's room
    indefinitely.

    Mario Pinball Land is good as a pool-type puzzle game in which you have
    to figure out how to hit targets with balls. It's not as good as a
    pure pinball game because you often go a long time on a board without
    scoring any points (particularly when a board is empty except for one
    monster), and one of the attractions of pinball is racking up points
    simply by banging away at the flippers. I think most of the people who
    bought this game were looking for more of the second type of play, and
    that's why the game got bad reviews. Actually, I was thinking that the
    game would be like that also, but once I got used to the different kind
    of play I found it challenging and interesting.

    The game does have a few good traditional pinball boards: "Slot
    Machine," "Mushroom Madness," and "Poke the Pokeys," to use the names
    given in the first FAQ listed above. All of these boards either
    constantly replace monsters you destroy or have bumpers you can easily
    hit repeatedly for points.

    --
    MSC

Console Gaming Video Games