Hello, I have a Toshiba laptop and a Linksys N-Home Router. Everything was set up properly, and I never go out of range with my laptop. Recently, it has been randomly losing connection completely with the network and the internet. I have done as network magic had said with the flashdrive, and I tried re-hooking up the ethernet cable trying to "Go Wireless." Nothing works, and troubleshooting does not find the problem. This is new, and I would like my new laptop to be stress free and working properly!
You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel at least 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.