kc_bouvier

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
HI, for the last few months i have this booting problem (my pc does not start and the monitor is only blinking). I just recently upgraded my RAM (based on what my MoBo supports) and formatted my os after that. Here's now the new problem, every time i boot my pc hangs at bios screen. What should I do? What do you think is the problem? Do I need to replace some hardware? Please help me, im not a technical person...

skibicki

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Take out the motherboard battery to reset it.

kc_bouvier

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
I tried it just now but nothing happens (I shut it down, took out the battery, after a minute I put it in again and boot). The problem still lingers, it freezes at the bios screen. T_T

finn281175

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
you need to narrow down the cause of the problem. disconnect any hard drives and expansion cards and see if the problem remains. after this try swapping out memory and then a different cpu if you have one. if the fault is still there then it would point to your mobo being faulty. i had a similar fault where the system would freeze during post but it turned out to be an overheating problem with the cpu. fresh thermal paste solved the problem.