LianLi PC-Z70 vs Silverstone Fortress FT02B

jgarner

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading my computer and wanted to get the case first which I'm guessing may not sound too smart, but I have the opportunity to move my old Thermaltake Xaser III (really heavy) with some other furniture next week to a family residence that has lots of room so I was thinking of getting the case first.

I'm thinking of getting an Intel 2011 motherboard but the above and the availability of the motherboards are a few weeks a part. I've only used AMD CPUs for over 10 years so this will be a first with Intel for me! ;)

I do both photo & video editing so I have quite a few hard drives 1 main SSD for the OS and then 6 others all at least 1TB. I only have one graphic card that manages several screens but may want to move to 2 later on.

I was wondering if the LianLi PC-Z70 or Silverstone Fortress FT02B (USB3.0 vers.) were going to be a good fit for me as my main criteria is a large case that will help me keeping the disks and components cool and then hopefully not being too noisy.

Does anybody have any advice about these cases or other cases that might be better?

Thanks

jgarner

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the reference, looks really interesting, doesn't it say you can have up to 11 hard drive bays, do you know how it compares with the others with regards to the noise...

Thanks,

Using the 3 fans included it isn't going to be noisy, and has really good airflow. But you can always add more fans.

The case is solidly built, using thicker walls so that will cut down on noise.

The case has 4 hotswap bays, 2 internal bays, but you can always expand that through 5.25" Optical bay trays.