V551 Battery Life Issue

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 4, 2005 2:21:01 AM

There has been much discussion about the poor battery life from the V551.
Motorola has announced a software problem that may be causing this. It is a
warrantable item. Check with Motorola or your provider to see if your phone
is affected.

Fred
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 12:53:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Been doing some more looking. The firmware that fixes battery life issues
is R472_G_08.18.16R_0A which was released on April 15. One poster on
Cingular's support forum says the difference is like night and day.

Since then, an _0A7 version has come out ... nobody seems to know what's
different. Despite the numbering, I've seen statements that the 17R and 25R
flashes are OLDER.

My V551 was sold before they started locking them ... I'm tempted to go
for this but I hope it doesn't result in the inconvenience/expense of
having to go getting it unlocked afterwards.
!