trading mobile 2400, looking for normal 2400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decker87

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
I have a very lightly used (maybe 2 hours tops) AMD Athlon mobile 2400+ that I'm looking to trade for a non-mobile 2200 to 2600 CPU. It's a fair trade, in fact it probably works out better for you since a locked multiplier is usually a bad thing, but I just happen to need one.

Thanks for looking!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You should be asking for a standard 2500+ to get the higher bus speed.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Ah, too bad for me, I only have access to a 2400... :tongue:

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
:smile:

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an XP-2500+ Barton. You probably wouldn't like it though because it's unlocked too. What's wrong with your mobile?

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot

Decker87

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
Nothing's wrong with the mobile, in fact I'd like to keep it, I just can't afford to. What happened is I mistakenly bought a motherboard that didn't have a multiplier setting. Therefore, it didn't recognize the CPU and locked the multiplier setting at six, so I can't get more than 1.2 ghz out of it. (because I bought the wrong motherboard)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I built one for a friend and I could probably talk them into trading up, but I don't see anything in it for me, and they don't have any use for the extra power they'd have from overclocking.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OMG, I just remembered you can SET THE MULTIPLIER on the CPU itself using a bridge kit, you DON'T HAVE to trade!

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I have a friend that does like to game, and he would gain from the trade, for his 2400+ was bought just after they locked the thing, and so he can really only get his bus speed to 150ish because of the 15x multiplier. So he would gain by having control over the multiplier. But how would you propose trading CPUs in a fair and secure way... and quickly, for it is hard to have a computer down, even if it is his 2nd gaming computer, er... I meann his wife's computer.... If you were a long-term forum member that would be one thing... I would advise him to trade, but he may not want to risk it...

<font color=red><b>NF7-S/MBarton 2500+
210x11.5 1.82v SP-97
GB Corsair XMS PC3200
BBA 9800 Pro 423/369</font color=red><font color=black>
NF7-S/MBarton 2600+
210x11.5 1.76v
512MB CVR PC3200
Sapphire 9500@9700

Decker87

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
I'm a little confused. Are you saying your friend has a 2500 non-mobile? No, I'm not a long-time forum member, but I do sell on ebay and amazon, and my ratings are pretty good on <A HREF="http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ruagua&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS" target="_new">there</A>.

Also, how long has this CPU been used and what was it set at while it was? (FSB, Multi, Vcore)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Decker87 on 12/10/04 10:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

one negative...heheh

***points and laughs***

"Never underestimate the predictability of Stupidity."
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Neurotic Narcissist.}=-</A>
<A HREF="http://www.youreadopted.com/" target="_new">Guess what?</A>

i know how that goes too man.

i got a negative for something similiar to that.

and now i dont even mess with ebay anymore...

"Never underestimate the predictability of Stupidity."
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Neurotic Narcissist.}=-</A>
<A HREF="http://www.youreadopted.com/" target="_new">Guess what?</A>

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
It is a standard Athlon XP 2400+ (multiplier locked) purchased retail off of Newegg last last year.

<font color=red><b>NF7-S/MBarton 2500+
210x11.5 1.82v SP-97
GB Corsair XMS PC3200
BBA 9800 Pro 423/369</font color=red><font color=black>
NF7-S/MBarton 2600+
210x11.5 1.76v
512MB CVR PC3200
Sapphire 9500@9700

Airjarhead

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2004
I have an XP 2500+ Barton (locked), that I'll trade for your 2400+ mobile.
PM me, or e-mail me :
airjarhead@gmail.com
I have Heatware under Jarhead
Ebay under rbirt

AirJar|-|ead

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hey! You got your offer! Sorry it took so long, but it looks like you're getting that locked processor after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.