Need help in updating my BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

muujig612

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Hello guys

I recently purchased 3TB seagate barracuda xt HDD. Unfortunately my system can't recognize the HDD 3TB size, it only shows that the HDD has 746GB. Which looks like a common problem.

1 guide suggested to use the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I tried to install it and it said my computer didn't meet the minimum requirements.

The other guide said to update bios.

I went to Fujitsu Siemens website and downloaded what I can find but they just don't work or I don't know how to make them work.

1. Flash Bios Update Bootdisk 6.00.1.04 exe
2. compressed flash files 6.00.1.04.zip
3. Desk flash 6.00.1.04.bup
4. Linux boot disk 6.00.1.04.sh

Please help me, what do I do with these things?

I've never flashed a Fujitsu PC, however the problem probably won't be solved with a BIOS flash and I can guarantee that you won't be able to boot off the drive with more than ~2.2TB which requires both GPT, 64-bit OS and a supporting UEFI BIOS i.e. N/A on any LGA 775.

What you should see is two partitions 800GB + 2.2TB. Once the drive is mounted choose GPT option if available.

The following is listed (copy/paste) from your manual. I really don't recommend updating your BIOS from Windows the risk is too high that you'll 'brick' (ruin) your MOBO. Also, I realize it lists a FDD (floppy) if you don't have one then you can 'try' making a bootable USB; you'll need to Disable Legacy USB in the BIOS. The 'Linux boot disk' sounds promising as a viable method for a bootable USB. If you post that link I'll try to read the documentation.

Manual:
BIOS Update
When should a BIOS update be carried out?
Fujitsu Siemens Computers makes new BIOS versions available to ensure
compatibility with new operating systems, new software or new hardware. In
addition, new BIOS functions can also be integrated.
A BIOS update should also always be carried out when a problem exists that
cannot be solved with new drivers or new software.
Where can I obtain BIOS updates?
The BIOS updates are available on the Internet at "www.fujitsu-siemens.com/mainboards".

BIOS update under DOS with bootable BIOS
update floppy disk - brief description
► Download the update file from our website to your PC.
► Insert an empty floppy disk (1.44 Mbyte).
► Run the update file (e.g. 2750103.EXE).

muujig612

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Don't need any of that now.

I just needed to download Seagate DiskWizzard from seagate website. It was free and now my 3TB HDD is working just fine on a Windows XP 32bit OS.

But really thank you for your research and concern! :D Hoooray Seagate

Status
Not open for further replies.