Core i5 w/ liquid cooling 51 degrees cel idle temp?

So I just built a new system and my 2500k is at 51 deg. cel. idle temp according to the EFI Bios Utility
What the hell is going on? I have it in ASUS Optimal mode but that should not cause this. This is my first build
so if you need more info or if this issue has already been discussed in detail please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Specs:
ASUS P8P67 Pro
Core i5 2500k
Corsair H50 with push/pull dual fan setup
dual EVGA 8800 GT in SLI
Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit.
All inside Antec P180
13 answers Last reply
More about core liquid cooling degrees idle temp
  1. is that overclocked or at stock speed?

check your temperatures in windows as its normal for the bios temperatures to show high
  2. thats is high i got the stock fan and its a 32 c idle when gaming it goes up to 61 c
  3. mcnumpty23 said:
    is that overclocked or at stock speed?

check your temperatures in windows as its normal for the bios temperatures to show high

That is with ASUS Optimal setting in EFI bios. (3.496GHz) up from stock 3.3
  4. Speedfan 4.44 says 60 degrees celcius idle
  5. Also according to Speedfan 4.44 both of my graphics cards are 61 and 62 *C
    What is wrong with my system?
    My fans are spinning at 1000 and 1200 RPM is that right? I have all the controls turned all the way up.
  6. Is your pump working and is the liquid flowing through the tubing. Can you list what parts you have for the water cooling setup. Have you checked the routing of the tubing to make sure it is set up right. What are you using for liquid. Oh , nevermind I see you have a closed loop system.
  7. Assuming the cooling block is properly attached without excessive TIM, try Core Temp and see if it reads the same. I have seen Speedfan and HW Monitor both give inaccurate CPU temps.

H2O cooling is not significantly better than good air cooling but there are many factors to consider such as CPU voltage/OC, ambient temp, etc. The Corsair H50 is very inefficient and does not cool as well as the better HSFs. They also have been known to leak and damage PC hardware.

The link below has both HSF and some H2O cooler test data for reference.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm#INTELHEATSINK
  8. If you look at the description of the H-50 it does not include the 2500k as a compatable cpu to be cooled with this cooler.

Intel LGA775, Intel LGA1366, AMD socket AM2 and AMD socket AM3
  9. inzone said:
    Is your pump working and is the liquid flowing through the tubing. Can you list what parts you have for the water cooling setup. Have you checked the routing of the tubing to make sure it is set up right. What are you using for liquid.

I am using a Corsair H50 with a push/pull dual fan setup.
    I can hear water moving through the system. I cannot get my fans to
    spin any faster than 1200 RPM. I set them all to 100% in Speedfan but it does nothing and resets back to
    65% 36% 65% And I do not know if this is anything but my CPU temp is 60 *C
    but when I go into the configure tab on Speedfan it lists the CPU temp along with the temps for each core
    and those core temps are much lower (34,33,36,and 35*C) than the overall CPU temp. How is that even possible? And I have not overclocked anything at all yet. Just set the ASUS bios to the optimal setting.
  10. beenthere said:
    Assuming the cooling block is properly attached without excessive TIM, try Core Temp and see if it reads the same. I have seen Speedfan and HW Monitor both give inaccurate CPU temps.

H2O cooling is not significantly better than good air cooling but there are many factors to consider such as CPU voltage/OC, ambient temp, etc. The Corsair H50 is very inefficient and does not cool as well as the better HSFs. They also have been known to leak and damage PC hardware.

The link below has both HSF and some H2O cooler test data for reference.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm#INTELHEATSINK

Core temps are a lot lower 33-36*C per core
    I have a hyper 212 I can use instead but I thought with a push/pull fan setup on the H50 I would get better temps.
  11. And the program Core Temp 1.0 says all cores are at 31*C at idle
  12. derekhale2629 said:
    Core temps are a lot lower 33-36*C per core
    I have a hyper 212 I can use instead but I thought with a push/pull fan setup on the H50 I would get better temps.

So it looks like those temps are more realistic. You should also check under full load with OCCT or P95. You can test to see what works better for you. The Hyper 212+ is a moderate HSF. The H50 may work better with dual fans. The only way to know is to test and since you have both there is no additional costs involved.

Let us know the results if you do test.
  13. My next issue is with my fan speeds, it seems that I cannot get them to spin faster than 1000 and 1200 RPM
    They are molex powered but all 3 have controllers on the case and all are set to high, however Speedfan has them at 68,40,68% and when I set them to 100% it doesn't change the speed and eventually it goes back to 68,40,68. Why is it doing this? These fans spun much faster when my XFX 750i was in the case.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Water Cooling Intel i5