Help confused

TWA

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Hello,
i have cable internet and a linksys router, wan and lan, then a gigabit for lan stuff. running 2 ps3's, 2 xbox, 2 computers( 1 lan, 1 wan), and several i pods and cell phones running on it. every time one person is online as soon as another person gets on line it kick them off, at least with ps3's. is there something i can do to stop this?

G

It's probably caused by an IP address clash. You can change the IP address of the router but that may not solve it if two of the attached devices clash. See if it's possible to change the IP addresses in them.

TWA

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
It's probably caused by an IP address clash. You can change the IP address of the router but that may not solve it if two of the attached devices clash. See if it's possible to change the IP addresses in them.

its not an ip clash, it happens when any gamimg console or cpu are accessing the net at the same time. Eg; playing starcraft on computer and wife turns on ps3, Xbox, or Wii for netflix. or watching netflix then kids turn on ps3 for call of duty. is this an isue of to many devises running on the same network at the same time, an old router( ie: need a new one) or a clash of some other sort.

When you get the issue, connect to the router and check what devices are shown as connected to it. If you can't even reach the router, you have 2 devices that are using the same IP. If the PCs are not on, can you use all of the other devices with no issues at the same time? Can you check the IPs given to your game systems?