Sign in with
Your question

Asus AH3450 ati hd3450 can't load drivers for any os windows xp/linux

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 18, 2011 12:48:41 AM

I was trying to bring an old compaq 5wv270 back to life for my little sister to watch movies on. It has an AMD athlon at 1.0 ghz and a 120 gig hard drive with 768 mb ram. It works ok but videos are very bad, around 2 fps. Graphics adapter is either unknown with vista or just regular vga with linux mint. Tried ubuntu but wouldn't boot at all. I read on one of these forums that I should update via chipsets first then download hotfix for agp. Oh forgot that Motherboard has 4x AGP and minimal bios options. The card is AH3450/DI/512MD2(LP). Anytime i try to install drivers computer will not get past windows xp startup page or linux mint startup.....just freezes or goes to black screen. Is something not compatible? I've been at this for a few days and I'm not the most computer literate person out there but I'm learning as i go. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate them.

JJ
May 27, 2011 3:04:13 AM

I had the same proble, with windows xp pro

resolution go to the device manager (right click on my computer, select properties, select hardware, select device manager)
or you can get to it in the control panel.

from the list of drevices right click on the vidio card, select update drivers, select "install from a list or specifc location.
click on "include this location in serch browse to the downloaded driver ie (E:\ATI 3450\ATI852_WINXP32\DRIVER\XP_INF), select next....

then do the same thing for the adio driver ie (E:\ati 3450\ati852_winxp32\HDAudioDrv\HDAudio\XP).

note: i down loaded the ATI852_WINXP32.zip file from the asus web site
m
l
!