Sabertooth 990fx kuhler920 no post

I am the happy owner of a Sabertooth 990FX board, I cannot for the life of me get my 920 Kuhler to work on the mobo. It posts and runs great w/ 1090T Zalman 9700.
When try to post w/ the 920 it will give initial post beep then 5 or 6 beeps there after and the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH even with default settings. Tried reset CMOS. The kuhler worked fine on my previous Gigabyte 890GPA, hence it is not an issue with the Kuhler. Am I missing turning off something on the board? I am debating flashing bios but cannot see that being an issue?
Specs
990FX Sabertooth
1090T
8g Patriot Sniper @ 1600mhz
9700 Zalman (for now)
Agility 3 SSD
2x WD 640 Black Editions (raid 0 in time)
2 answers Last reply
More about sabertooth 990fx kuhler920 post
  1. If that radiator fan for the kuhler has a 3 or 4 pin plug, I would plug it into the cpu fan port. Maybe the board won't post to protect the cpu from overheating. It may need to detect some kind of fan.
  2. o1die said:
    If that radiator fan for the kuhler has a 3 or 4 pin plug, I would plug it into the cpu fan port. Maybe the board won't post to protect the cpu from overheating. It may need to detect some kind of fan.

... Got it figured out ...there's 2 CPU fan headers and BOTH have to be disabled. I assumed since the one was not active didn't need to be deactivated in HW monitor.
    Every ones happy now.
    Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Antec Sabertooth Components