Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Swapping out my mobo-what can I expect??

Last response: in Motherboards
July 17, 2012 10:28:10 PM

Thanks for reading this,I am swapping out my Gigabyte motherboard for a better Gigabyte motherboard ,one with all the headers and pci slots that I need,my question is what can I expect to happen in terms of data loss.

I really don't know,I bought an NZXT phantom case recently and swapped over all my componants to it.

That was the most complicated work I have done to date,now I find I need a better mobo a( Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z68X-UD3P-B3 )So what will happen to my system?

many thanks to all who can tell me.

More about : swapping mobo expect

a b V Motherboard
July 17, 2012 11:27:35 PM

What is your cpu? You need to make sure the mobo you are buying is compatible with your current CPU. Installing a new mobo is not that difficult - you have to make sure as welll to buy thermal paste/remover when you move the cpu to the new mobo
Score
July 18, 2012 12:18:52 AM

avenseth12 said:
What is your cpu? You need to make sure the mobo you are buying is compatible with your current CPU. Installing a new mobo is not that difficult - you have to make sure as welll to buy thermal paste/remover when you move the cpu to the new mobo

Thank you so much for your reply to me,my cpu is i5-2500 and 1155 socket the new mobo is also 1155.I have paste and alcohol for cleaning /preparing.I was wondering mainly will I lose my OS and/or any other data? thanks again zulux
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
July 18, 2012 1:47:12 AM

Your OS is tied to the mobo. I would save all your important data on dvd or external drive. If you replace the mobo you might have to reload the OS
July 18, 2012 9:24:19 AM

Best answer selected by zulux.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
July 21, 2012 2:32:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!