Is GTS 450 with DDR3 ok??

kev h

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Thanks again Rolli

I assume it will still be a lot better than Gt440 as twice the cuda cores.

I 'll make up my mind soon and make a decision! :D

Cheers Kev :cool:

kev h

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
The KFA2 DDR5 is £16 more which would be fine but i cannot for the life of me get the overall dimensions of the card from anywhere at all !!?? :whistle:

Cheers Kev :sol:

They are pretty clearly the same size from the pics IMO. The PCI-E slot is a certain length. You should be able to get a very good idea of how large these cards are from how much it extends past the slot.
Why do you need such a short card? The pics I'm seeing of the Dell Inspirion 531 show no need for cards this short.

kev h

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Scaling it was how i came down to these 2 cards but images arent always correct from what i've found . It is very close to the bank of sata ports and can only be 190mm max and not too big a fan either.

How do you attach a photo to this forum as i have a pic of it ??

Cheers Kev

All of the information I am seeing about the motherboard in your computer does not agree with the numbers you are giving. The bank of sata ports is several inches beyond the PCIe x16 slot while you seem to be fretting about the exact measurements of cards that obviously won't even come close to being near them from the pictures.
This is supposedly your motherboard
RQEDc.jpg

I doubt the cards you are looking at would even make it to underneath the RAM slots, much less be an issue for the SATA ports on the other side of them.

kev h

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I have jpeg on desktop how do you link it ? or does it have to be a web page? Usually just insert image on most forums .

Thats the board anyway with the group of sata connectors at the end of the card.

There are sites to upload images like tinypic or imgur but it doesn't matter if that is your motherboard. As I said the cards you are looking at will not even come close to the SATA ports. You can in fact use even longer cards.

kev h

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Got the imge thing sussed even if it wasnt a thumbnail first try!! :pt1cable:

I assume the right angled sata cables come in left and right.

Also HDs overhang which doesnt help either.

Thanks both of you for your help.