FA: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo Scanner - just released in..

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 17, 2005 1:23:16 PM

I am putting up the latest Epson Perfection 4990 photo scanner on eBay.

I just won this at a tradeshow and it would seem that this would be one
of the first units to the market place.

Epson claims that this is 40% faster than previous models, and that it
provides film scanner quality in the form factor of a flatbed scanner.

Here's the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...

Here's the text of the auction:

The Epson Perfection 4990 Photo flatbed scanner was JUST released in
March 2005

This is a brand new Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. This was just
announced on Jan 12, 2005 at the Macworld Expo by Epson and this is one
of the first units.

Here is the link announcing the flatbed scanner:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/EditorialAllAnnounce...

I won this at the trade show and it is brand new. Never been used or
opened (other than to take the picture for this photo).

This comes with the following:
-Epson Perfection 4990 Photo Scanner with Digital Ice technology
-8"x10" Transparency Unit
-USB cable
-Film holders

Software
- Epson Scan software and productivity software
- LaserSoft Imaging SilverFast SE 6
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR
- Epson Copy utility
1 year warranty

I've tried to look online for this scanner, but it seems like they
haven't hit the distribution channel yet in North America.

Here is a product review from the UK of the new Epson Perfection 4990
Photo scanner:

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%2049...

Be one of the first in the United States to have this just released
photo scanner which one reviewer called "the best scanner under $2,000"

Here's from Epson's press release:

""The EPSON Perfection 4990 scanner is the ideal scanner for
demanding professionals. It has a resolution and DMax that are
comparable to many dedicated film scanners at affordable prices,"
said Philip Amato, product manager, image capture products, Epson.
"Users will find that these scanners also deliver the image quality
of a film scanner with the versatility of a flatbed scanner."

I thought this might be of interest for this discussion group.
March 18, 2005 1:14:24 AM

Ebay abuse

Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html

UseNet SPAM policy:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

Be sure to include all headers.

Add one to
abuse@gmail.com

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

<ffbspamspewer@gmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:32:34 AM

My apologies for posting an inappropriate FA message. I had done a
search on your newsgroup and saw other FA messages and thought it was
appropriate, clearly it was not.

I don't post many FS or FA messages in general, so didn't realize the
etiquette. I'll post my future fs or fa messages in the appropriate
forum.
!