Your question

HAF X or HAF 912?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
October 22, 2011 10:32:41 AM

I'm stuck trying to decide between the HAF X & the HAF 912.
I like the HAF series, due to high air flow & simply what they look like.
Unfortunately I can't decide between whether to get the HAF X or the HAF 912.
The HAF X is twice the price of the 912.
However I want a window (yes lame xD) and the HAF X has a window.
I spoke to coolermaster and they said they were going to get HAF 912 window sides in stock that I can order seperately in about 2 months time - but they'll cost me 20-30 pounds.
HAF X - 130 pounds
HAF 912 - 64 pounds

So if I bought the 912 and added the 30 pounds for the side window I would be realistically paying 94 pounds. Which makes the HAF X just over 30 pounds extra.

Now, I've seen a picture of components inside of a HAF 912 and things sort of look "squished" together and like there's not enough breathing space for components. - http://img.techpowerup.org/101002/31.jpg

Whilst the HAF X is obviously much bigger and it looks like there's much more space to do things - http://www.totalpcgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08...

Basically, would the 912 be too cramped? I mean tbh I have a tiny OEM Acer case with an m-atx mobo right now so anything bigger is better, however is the HAF X worth the extra 30?

Would it really be a big loss for me to get the 912 over the HAF X?

Would appreciate some opinions, particularly from people who may have had both cases in the past :) 

Thanks

More about : haf haf 912

a b ) Power supply
October 22, 2011 10:58:48 AM

Those are really bad comparison pics I must tell you, the HAF X is bigger than the HAF 912 and the pic has a mAtx board in the HAF X while the HAF 912 has a full ATX board in it...... of course it's going to look cramped.
I would go for the HAF 912 since I prefer it to the HAF X given a choice, I'd go for a HAF 932 over the HAF X since they're the same size, the only big difference between the two is that you can mount the PSU on top or bottom of the 932 case.

No the HAF X is not worth the extra 30 , IMO.

But of course if you are planning to upgrade to a full ATX board in the next year the way to go would be the HAF X.
It all depends on your future plans for the rig.
October 22, 2011 11:17:03 AM

alyoshka said:
Those are really bad comparison pics I must tell you, the HAF X is bigger than the HAF 912 and the pic has a mAtx board in the HAF X while the HAF 912 has a full ATX board in it...... of course it's going to look cramped.
I would go for the HAF 912 since I prefer it to the HAF X given a choice, I'd go for a HAF 932 over the HAF X since they're the same size, the only big difference between the two is that you can mount the PSU on top or bottom of the 932 case.

No the HAF X is not worth the extra 30 , IMO.

But of course if you are planning to upgrade to a full ATX board in the next year the way to go would be the HAF X.
It all depends on your future plans for the rig.

Well i'm going to most likely be ordering the rig today - this will most likely be the motherboard: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-z68a-d3-b3-i...
Since it's an ATX board, I take it I should go for the HAF X space wise?
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 22, 2011 11:21:12 AM

Yes. It would be better to opt for the HAF X if the board is an ATX, spacewise and airflow wise.
a c 275 ) Power supply
October 22, 2011 1:03:42 PM

HAF series size and features.The HAFX has fan filters the 922 and 932 don't.
Important if dust is a factor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...
Note models and features won't be exactly the same.
Coolermaster makes slightly different versions(windows,# of fans included,etc.)for N.A./Euro/Asia
October 22, 2011 6:52:41 PM

Are you joking? No comparison for HAF X or 912. I don't see why a heavy case would be a problem, unless you need to move it around a lot.

The only difference standing your way is the money cost. If you can afford the HAF X, go for it. I can't believe you are even comparing these 2. I wish I had the money to get the HAF X.
October 23, 2011 12:49:22 AM

Looking at the whole line of HAF cases as well. HAF X is really looking more and more attractive.

Heads up though, you may want to consider the fan options as well because they will definitely add to the total cost.

HAF 912 has like 4 optional fans = ~$40USD if you want to fill it up
HAF X is missing just the top fan = ~$20USD (plus the standards fans are bigger/quieter)

But with HAF X, you'd probably also be more inclined to put more interior lights, again raising the cost.
October 23, 2011 2:40:02 AM

I have big fingers and I do not like working in tight space. With today's heat from components then I would go with the HAF X. It is a nice Full tower, the fans are not turbine for jets and the airflow is pretty good.

Unlike you though I start to be against side window. I think I have been fed enough with clear siding, blips and blops color lights to tell you that your PC is effectively giving BSOD for a reason or another is just too much. I want quiet, super quiet, and away from attracting my eyes. I want roomy and just love it for expansions
!