TheByt3

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
BUDGET: Don't really know how much to spend...

SYSTEM SPECS

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz
Motherboard: Asus P5QPL-VM EPU
Memory: OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum 4GB Edition Dual Channel
Graphics: Gigabyte HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
PSU: OCZ Z Series 650 Watt
Router: Philips CGA5722
Monitor: LG W2753VC-PF

OVERCLOCKING

CPU: At 3.76 Ghz
Memory: Timings at 4-4-4-10 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
GPU: GPU clock at 740 Mhz, Memory clock at 1120 Mhz

DETAILS

So I am moving out of my current house and I'm going to live in Athens, there I'll start a new internet connection with 24mbps speed so I wanted to buy a new router that would take full advantage of my speed and it won't have any stabillity problems. I don't care that much for the best wifi and the best wifi features coz I'll use the cable for my computer and I'll live alone so I don't need crazy LAN speeds, also I don't know alot of picking new routers so any tutorial-kind stuff is welcomed except this sites tutorial which I have checked, also I heard something about routers being able to download through bittorent clients while the computer is turned-off that would be a very nice feature I would like to have. Suggest me any models you have on your mind as for the budget I don't really know how much to spend but I'm willing to give a fair amount.

Thank you!

If you mean Athens, Greece, the first thing that would concern me is the type of Internet access available since that will greatly determine the options available. Is this cable, DSL, fiber, cellular, long range wifi, dial-up (ugh), ???? Heck, in some countries it wouldn't surprise me if they forced you to use their own equipment. I’d also be concerned about reliability and whether you would need to consider a fallback position (e.g., cable modem w/ dial-up backup).

TheByt3

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010

Its DSL as far as I know, they told me to buy their equipment but I'm not stupid enough to do that coz its too expensive for what it offers. And the reliability of the ISP I chose is pretty good from what people are telling me so I just want a proper router to take full advantage of a 24 mbps speed