Which brand should I buy?

dmmbbs

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Hello friends,
I am getting Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5 of 3 brands, viz. XFX, MSI and Sapphire for about the same price. Can anyone please provide me the preference list out of these three?

thanx in advance.

Solution
^ Without any form of a source, that is invalid.

All three are great,

XFX is known for it's life time warranty
MSI is known for Military grade parts (Makes things last longer)
and Sapphire is like the budget one.

I say to just go for the cheapest one, all three brands are great.

Good luck :)

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
^ Without any form of a source, that is invalid.

All three are great,

XFX is known for it's life time warranty
MSI is known for Military grade parts (Makes things last longer)
and Sapphire is like the budget one.

I say to just go for the cheapest one, all three brands are great.

Good luck :)

Solution

dmmbbs

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I bought an XFX Radeon HD 4670 part no. HD-467X-ZHF2 ("the cheapest one"). XFX has a very bad practice of differentiating different cards of same GPU by part no.s and not by name. And they don't even specify the different part no.s in their website properly. Only after buying did I come to know that it is an underclocked card @700MHz core, 700 MHz DDR3. It is actually a card in between 4650 and 4670.
My 2nd experience: I suggested XFX Radeon HD 5770 to a friend of mine. Within one day of playing COD:BO he started getting artifacts which gradually filled the entire screen. We got it replaced. Either it was defectively manufactured from the beginning or was rated with a higher than standard power consumption that could not be delivered by a 14A 12V2 line with nothing but a WD Caviar green 1TB (0.55A) and an LG DVD-RW (most likely 1.5A) attached to the same line. Either way we had to buy a higher PSU too for a lower-mid range card. The replacement card we got also causes stuttering in some not-so-high-end games like Far Cry.
Another friend of mine did not have any prob with XFX Radeon HD 5750--- that I must mention here. But I decided not to buy XFX again.