Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire M1100 video will not start my monitor

Last response: in Motherboards
July 18, 2012 11:33:10 AM

I have an acer tower M100 PC and the monitor would not come up. I changed the monitor and same problem. The pc appears to have no plug in video card so I bought a new motherboard and installed it. Upon turning it on the power supply ran about 5 seconds and kicked off. If I unplug the AM? connector the unit will remain running but still no video. I installed a new 450W power supply and same problem. I connecter the monitor using existing cables and the monitor wored fine from my laptop. I reinstalled the old mother board with new power supply and the unit will start and run again with all wires connected but still no life to the monitor. I have tons of personal data I want to retrieve, did not think to back it all up, and am at my end as to what next. There are open slots on the board and did not find any video card in any ports when opened up so I am guessing the original vidoe is integrated into the motherboard itself? What am I missing other than enough experience to fix this problem. Its an old PC and all I want is my data. The vista software was preloaded. Where am I at on this one?

I did have an episode prior to all of this where I would have start my PC over and over dozens of times to get the monitor to come on but when I installed the new monitor it was better but still not 100%.
September 27, 2012 2:33:18 PM

I have the same problem. Have you gotten any replies?
March 21, 2013 6:47:34 AM

I also have the same problem? Did you find any solution?

Related resources
August 17, 2013 8:06:43 AM

silverback57 said:
I have an acer tower M100 PC and the monitor would not come up. I changed the monitor and same problem. The pc appears to have no plug in video card so I bought a new motherboard and installed it. Upon turning it on the power supply ran about 5 seconds and kicked off. If I unplug the AM? connector the unit will remain running but still no video. I installed a new 450W power supply and same problem. I connecter the monitor using existing cables and the monitor wored fine from my laptop. I reinstalled the old mother board with new power supply and the unit will start and run again with all wires connected but still no life to the monitor. I have tons of personal data I want to retrieve, did not think to back it all up, and am at my end as to what next. There are open slots on the board and did not find any video card in any ports when opened up so I am guessing the original vidoe is integrated into the motherboard itself? What am I missing other than enough experience to fix this problem. Its an old PC and all I want is my data. The vista software was preloaded. Where am I at on this one?

I did have an episode prior to all of this where I would have start my PC over and over dozens of times to get the monitor to come on but when I installed the new monitor it was better but still not 100%.

August 17, 2013 8:08:37 AM

I had a similar issue on an Acer M1100 as well. Fans came on but no monitor, USB keyboard or mouse. All it needed was a battery. Please spread the word
September 23, 2013 5:44:29 PM

Happy Camper2013 said:
I had a similar issue on an Acer M1100 as well. Fans came on but no monitor, USB keyboard or mouse. All it needed was a battery. Please spread the word

Thank you sooooo much for posting this. I have been without my computer for about 5 days and even ordered a new power supply, which of course was not the problem. I replaced the Cr2032 battery (a free fix for me because I had a bunch of them on hand) and bam all good. I wish I had read this post 5-days ago. Thank you again!!!!!!!!
September 23, 2013 5:45:15 PM

Replaced the 3V CR2032 CMOS battery and all is good!
October 2, 2013 7:54:06 PM

Super when I changed the battery, it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks man you are a king!

Happy Camper2013 said:
silverback57 said:

November 30, 2013 7:04:37 AM

Kyle Johnson said:
Replaced the 3V CR2032 CMOS battery and all is good!

November 30, 2013 7:06:20 AM

Where do I get this battery and where on mother board do I install it? I need a schematic :) 
December 3, 2013 6:45:35 PM

to Happy Camper2013 , you're the man! I was about to leave the house to get a replacement motherboard (as if there's any!) when I decided to do some research. Replaced the cmos battery, and it all went good. thanks!
!