mousel

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
Hello,

Just built a new system with the following:

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K LGA 1155
Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8GB

When I boot it up it almost instantly reboots. I can get into the bios but as soon as it passes the bios in startup it reboots.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks,

Tim

Solution
Your new system has the same Motherboard & CPU as your old system? If not, then what is probably happening is the old HDD still has the drivers for the old motherboard & that is conflicting with the new one. The only way out of this is to do a clean install of windows.

mousel

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
The only thing that is not brand new is the hard drive. The only connections I have to the motherboard is the hard drive, cpu fan, front panel header (pw, speaker,hd, res), 2x12 main power connector and 2x2 power connectors.

starravier

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Because your running the same Cpu and mobo. One other thing i might suggest is if you have a spare system(assuming that you still have your previous Rig) to test you HDD on, i'd do that before buying another.

mousel

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
The HDD worked when I took it out of my old system. Hopefully, it didn't get fried when I migrated it over. Thanks for your help. I'll look into the HDD being bad.

Your new system has the same Motherboard & CPU as your old system? If not, then what is probably happening is the old HDD still has the drivers for the old motherboard & that is conflicting with the new one. The only way out of this is to do a clean install of windows.

Solution