Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Looking for a nice heatsink fan

Last response: in CPUs
October 22, 2011 5:44:19 PM

I have an AMD 1100T x6 Black Edition cpu but the fan runs very loud and gets up to 5000 rpms. I've tried turning it down with speed fan but its not helping. I'm thinking my only option is to get a aftermarket heatsink. I'd prefer it be quiet but very cool. I dont like my computer sounding like an airplane while i'm trying to play my games. I am a new builder, my computer is only about a month old. Suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Additional info:

Gigabyte 990Fxa-UD3 Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1 GB GPU
680W PSU
12Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

More about : nice heatsink fan

Related resources
October 22, 2011 7:29:23 PM

crosshot4 said:
I have an AMD 1100T x6 Black Edition cpu but the fan runs very loud and gets up to 5000 rpms. I've tried turning it down with speed fan but its not helping. I'm thinking my only option is to get a aftermarket heatsink. I'd prefer it be quiet but very cool. I dont like my computer sounding like an airplane while i'm trying to play my games. I am a new builder, my computer is only about a month old. Suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Additional info:

Gigabyte 990Fxa-UD3 Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1 GB GPU
680W PSU
12Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Or better yet CM Hyper 212 EVO --> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I have one and i can't even hear it
October 22, 2011 7:33:31 PM

admir00 said:
Or better yet CM Hyper 212 EVO --> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I have one and i can't even hear it

Does it work good for overclocking? I have never really done this stuff before but if i did want to overclock in the future would i have to upgrade my heat sink again? And I'm serious it sounds like a race car track is in my room with this thing.
October 22, 2011 8:19:24 PM

freezer 13 pro, i cant hear it and theres no side on my case!!. very cool as well a 4.1ghz phenom with 1.5 vcore is peaking at 50c

Best solution

a b à CPUs
October 22, 2011 9:16:19 PM

The Hyper 212+ is a very cost effective and decent mid-level HSF. You can see how the popular HSFs perform at the link below to make a more informed purchasing decision.

Note that some HSFs perform slightly different on Intel vs. AMD CPUs due to the size of the heat spreader. Read the full reviews of the HSF you are interested in to be sure it will fit and clear your RAM, etc.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm#AMDHEATSINK
October 23, 2011 12:10:46 AM

Well, it's between the Hyper series and the Freezer series. I've heard good reviews on both now i just need to figure out which one is best.
a b à CPUs
October 23, 2011 1:01:48 AM

Don't you love those Hyper 212+ instructions which come with the unit? I had to go watch the YouTube video twice to figure it out and I'm an engineer.
October 23, 2011 5:58:43 AM

Best answer selected by crosshot4.
a b à CPUs
October 23, 2011 8:40:11 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!