Last minute checks!

mobohobo

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
overclocked bundle (dont advise me otherwise for this bit :D)
https://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Bundles/Intel+Overclocked+Bundles/Gladiator+Z68+Core+i5+2500K+4.30GHz+Overclocked+Bundle+?operation=shoppingBasketAdd&productId=45683&context=systems

case: nzxt phantom

psu: 550 or 650w xfx core

ssd: ocz vertax 120gb sata 3.

hdd: 500gb f3 samsung

and thats it, any reccommendations? id be happy for someone to reccommend a different overclocked bundle but must be preassembled and oc'ed :) will not sli but will use a 560ti.

using for video editing and rts gaming.

rvilkman

Distinguished
It should be ok.

Personally i would go with a board that allows SLI/Crossfire since it would be close to the same price as that one.
Also i would get 1600Mhz ram as it's the sweet spot nowadays.
And i would probably get a different CPU cooler.

Another bundle £355 for example would be much more to my liking.
While it has a microATX board it still supports SLI/Crossfire.

Bundle 3 £339.95

This would also support SLI and crossfire ( although it doesn't come with the SLI bridge, and it's P67 board ) and it has the slower memory, the same as the bundle you listed.

The actual overclock on the CPU is a minor concern, you can always adjust that yourself.

mobohobo

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
yeah, im sure i wont sli, and a gtx560ti oc'd to 1ghz core should be fine for my needs for a while :) i cannot be bothered with the hassle of sli/xfire and all i really want to play are things like sc2, ra3, minecraft and tht kinda light gaming :)

anything elsE?

ah, and as for the overclock, do you think i would even notice a difference when video editing by taking it from 4.3-4.6ghz? i really like the 3year warrenty on the bundle and would be worried of mucking my system up xD

mobohobo

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
ok cool, thanks so much! will be building in 1-2 weeks!!!! have had a dell pc for 4-5 years... 10£ graphics card and 2.3gh'z duel core lol... can barely run minecraft...