Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

BIG PROBLEM monitor works on xp but not windows 7. just a blue screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 10, 2011 11:26:36 PM

hi, when my pc was on windows xp i had a hd monitor working great i installed windows 7 ultimate 32bit sp1 onto my pc. it let me install. when it came to start for the first time the screen goes blue and nothink on display. but i have a really old monitor witch works great on it. i have got all my drivers so i dont no what to do.
a c 153 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
May 10, 2011 11:30:02 PM

What are the specs of the computer?
May 10, 2011 11:39:42 PM

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
CPU EXT : MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE (1, 2, 3), x86-64, AMD-V
CPUID : F.B.1 / Extended : F.6B
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 64 / 2 x 64 KB - L2 : 2 x 512 KB
Core : Brisbane (65 nm) / Stepping : BH-G1
Freq : 1004.59 MHz (200.93 * 5)
MB Brand : FUJITSU SIEMENS
MB Model : D2464-A2
NB : NVIDIA GeForce 6150 rev A2
SB : NVIDIA nForce 410/430 MCP rev A3
GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
DirectX Version : 11.0
RAM : 2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 200.9 MHz (Unknown) @ 5-5-5-15
Slot 1 : 1024MB (6400)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Samsung
Slot 2 : 1024MB (5300)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Samsung
Related resources
May 11, 2011 11:03:24 AM

low profile two
a c 140 U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
a b C Monitor
May 11, 2011 1:41:28 PM

Looks like you have two different speed RAM modules. What happens if you take out the one in Slot 2 and try to boot up?

-Wolf sends
May 11, 2011 2:14:07 PM

i have two different speed RAM modules. i did not think that was a problem till yesterday when someone told me i did when i showed them my pc specs. i will check to see if what you said works

thanks
May 11, 2011 3:30:57 PM

i have tryed both on there own and moved them from the black ram ports to the blue one's still the same.

when i turn the pc on i get all the way to windows starting with there logo. and then it just goes blue?
May 11, 2011 3:34:08 PM

my monitor is a tv free-view and monitor all in 1, its called proline ld1568. its not even that old has audio, vga, av s-video yuy in, and av in. so i dont no why it wont work. but on xp the picture was brill and worked a dream.
May 11, 2011 3:54:40 PM

hey,

i brought my pc it had windows xp on it. so i was using it for about a month it was perfect with my monitor then i installed windows 7 ultimate 32-bit all of a sudden the monitor will not work.

i have a spare monitor i got in 1998 witch iam currently using and it works a treat. as you can tell by it being a antique i really want my hd monitor working.

someone said i must have two different speed RAM modules witch is true but i have took 1 out and still wont work changed them from black ram port to blue still nothink. it works all the way to starting windows then that screen goes of then all i get is a blue screen and thats it nothink on screen at all but blue.
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
a b C Monitor
May 11, 2011 5:21:09 PM

Does that blue screen show you an error? or is a fully blue screen without any erros on it.
May 11, 2011 5:29:09 PM

fully blue with nout on the screen, when i power up the pc it shows me the build up gets the the starting windows with the logo on. then thats it just goes blue, but i tryed it on windows vista on my gf's laptop just before and that doesnt even show me any think says no signal, but on windows 7 i at least get the build up.!
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2011 8:17:34 PM

Try this:

1. After POST, immediately and repeatedly press the F8 key, this will take you to the Advance Boot Options menu.
2. From the menu, use the arrow keys to select VGA mode, press the Enter key.

Does Windows load properly now?

If not, restart and go back to the Advanced options again. This time select Safe mode.

Anything?

May 11, 2011 10:44:47 PM

which port are you using. does the monitor have settings to specify the port. do you have other ports off the vid card that you can try. give that a try and see what happens
May 12, 2011 12:39:27 PM

i have tryed pressing f8 nothink happend but kept making a buzzing noes as in to stop taping the keypad lol i dont no how to get my pc to go into safe mode.

sorry for the stupidness lol
May 12, 2011 12:41:20 PM

fish_86 said:
which port are you using. does the monitor have settings to specify the port. do you have other ports off the vid card that you can try. give that a try and see what happens


hi iam using vga cable from the tv into the back of my pc its a normal pc socket vga but it worked fine on xp and not windows 7. my m8 has 2 hd monitors and both work on this but mine. very weird.
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2011 6:12:40 PM

You display device is your TV? When did you install Win7?

Assuming that you just installed Windows 7, the problem is in the display adapter. I understand that this same setup was working in XP; however, Windows 7 has some generic drivers included, which allow most display adapters (on board VGA or discrete GPU) to function w/o installing the manufacturer's drivers. Because of this feature in Windows 7, you may have felt that there was no need to install the manufactuer's drivers, but said drivers could very well be the reason your display adapter is not working with the TV.
May 13, 2011 8:57:48 AM

T_T said:
You display device is your TV? When did you install Win7?

Assuming that you just installed Windows 7, the problem is in the display adapter. I understand that this same setup was working in XP; however, Windows 7 has some generic drivers included, which allow most display adapters (on board VGA or discrete GPU) to function w/o installing the manufacturer's drivers. Because of this feature in Windows 7, you may have felt that there was no need to install the manufactuer's drivers, but said drivers could very well be the reason your display adapter is not working with the TV.


yes it its a tv free-view and a monitor all in 1. i use it only for my pc or unless i want to watch a film up stairs. i installed windows 7 ultimate 32-bit about 2 months ago and its not worked since i did this. the only drivers i have downloaded are all the windows updates and i have in stalled them all. and i installed realtak sound and nivarda display drivers. thats all i have done. but did not work before updates was made and after.

i have searched for a driver for my tv but there is nothink out there and no1 else is having the same problem. i can not find any info out there to help me crack this tv
May 13, 2011 9:02:58 AM

maybe not this guy on a website has same problem


I'm fairly certain this is a driver problem, but I still haven't been able to solve it.

Before upgrading to 7, I was using my laptop as my primary dvd player, since I didn't have on. I'd hook my laptop into my TV using a an S-video to Composite, extend the display and play the movie. Worked every time.

But after installing 7, I haven't been able to get my TV to display the signal anymore. When I've got the cable plugged in, the computer recognizes that I've got another monitor set up, and it gives me all the options (extend, duplicate, etc.) but my TV doesn't show anything other than a blue screen (the default when it isn't receiving a signal).

Since I thought it was a driver problem, I downloaded the latest drivers (released last month) for my card (nVidia GeForce 8600m), but even after install I still don't get a signal on my TV.

Unfortunately I don't have another TV or computer to test the connection with, but before the upgrade I was using the same computer, same TV, and same cable, so I know it's not a hardware compatibility problem.
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 9:38:26 AM

try this ... press Fn and F8 while the monitor is attached and it should power on if tat doesnt work left click your desktop and click properties and then go to settings and you might have to enable the double monitor feature.
May 14, 2011 9:28:26 PM

henydiah said:
try this ... press Fn and F8 while the monitor is attached and it should power on if tat doesnt work left click your desktop and click properties and then go to settings and you might have to enable the double monitor feature.


hi i tryed that and it has not worked for me. iam thinking of selling the monior and getting a new one.
cut my losses lol
a b U Graphics card
May 16, 2011 11:34:35 PM

So, let me get this straight... The system, as it sits now, is the exact same way it was when you were using XP? Meaning, no new hardware and no configuration changes?

How are your RAM settings configured? Have you overclocked your system?
May 18, 2011 1:50:05 PM

hey, i have a problem with my tv its a tv monitor all in 1,

i have been using the tv with xp for about a year. all was great in till i installed windows ultimate 32-bit.

when i turn my pc on it shows me the loading part till it says windows starting with the logo. then it goes blue.

the cable from tv to pc is vga to vga.

i have installed my windows updates, i have a nvidia geforce 6150 le on board graphics card with the display drivers.

iam now using my very very old monitor from 1998, witch work's fine but my 1 year old lcd wont :( 

a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
a b C Monitor
May 18, 2011 1:56:43 PM

connect both if you can and use the monitor as the primary display open the screen options and detect the tv you should then be able to configure it if you can see it in the list. remember your tv probably works at 30hz so its likley to be out of range if you try to run it on the monitors settings.
May 18, 2011 2:35:56 PM

T_T said:
So, let me get this straight... The system, as it sits now, is the exact same way it was when you were using XP? Meaning, no new hardware and no configuration changes?

How are your RAM settings configured? Have you overclocked your system?


When i installed windows 7 i formated my hard driver then i started again, with my driver's. iam not the best when i comes to pc's.

May 18, 2011 2:38:15 PM

Quote:
connect both if you can and use the monitor as the primary display open the screen options and detect the tv you should then be able to configure it if you can see it in the list. remember your tv probably works at 30hz so its likley to be out of range if you try to run it on the monitors settings.


hi, i only have 1 vga socket at back on my pc. i no what you are saying about 30hz but iam new to windows 7. xp was so easy to use
May 18, 2011 2:42:24 PM

My pc specs


AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (Build 7600)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
CPU EXT : MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE (1, 2, 3), x86-64, AMD-V
CPUID : F.B.1 / Extended : F.6B
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 64 / 2 x 64 KB - L2 : 2 x 512 KB
Core : Brisbane (65 nm) / Stepping : BH-G1
Freq : 1004.59 MHz (200.93 * 5)
MB Brand : FUJITSU SIEMENS
MB Model : D2464-A2
NB : NVIDIA GeForce 6150 rev A2
SB : NVIDIA nForce 410/430 MCP rev A3
GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
DirectX Version : 11.0
RAM : 2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 200.9 MHz (Unknown) @ 5-5-5-15
Slot 1 : 1024MB (6400)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Samsung
Slot 2 : 1024MB (5300)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Samsung
cpuz
May 18, 2011 2:58:20 PM

Quote:
My pc specs


AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (Build 7600)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
CPU EXT : MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE (1, 2, 3), x86-64, AMD-V
CPUID : F.B.1 / Extended : F.6B
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 64 / 2 x 64 KB - L2 : 2 x 512 KB
Core : Brisbane (65 nm) / Stepping : BH-G1
Freq : 1004.59 MHz (200.93 * 5)
MB Brand : FUJITSU SIEMENS
MB Model : D2464-A2
NB : NVIDIA GeForce 6150 rev A2
SB : NVIDIA nForce 410/430 MCP rev A3
GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
DirectX Version : 11.0
RAM : 2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 200.9 MHz (Unknown) @ 5-5-5-15
Slot 1 : 1024MB (6400)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Samsung
Slot 2 : 1024MB (5300)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Samsung
cpuz


my speed moduals are diffo speeds but i have put 1 in on its own and still the same.
a b U Graphics card
May 18, 2011 6:08:01 PM

puntojay said:
yes it its a tv free-view and a monitor all in 1. i use it only for my pc or unless i want to watch a film up stairs. i installed windows 7 ultimate 32-bit about 2 months ago and its not worked since i did this. the only drivers i have downloaded are all the windows updates and i have in stalled them all. and i installed realtak sound and nivarda display drivers. thats all i have done. but did not work before updates was made and after.

i have searched for a driver for my tv but there is nothink out there and no1 else is having the same problem. i can not find any info out there to help me crack this tv


So, if Windows has never worked, how were you able to download and install drivers?

Do you know how to adjust your RAM settings in your BIOS?

Getting back to the F8 menu... I may not have been clear enough the first time, as you are using the computer, but with an old monitor. First, shut down the computer, then turn it back on while still connected to the old monitor. You should see the Power On Self Test display, and then Hardware Monitor display (on the screen you should see temps and voltages). As soon as you see the Hardware Monitor screen, start pressing the F8 key repeatedly. If you don't see the Hardware Monitor screen, then immediately after the POST screen is when you should be pressing the F8 key.

Note: The Advanced Boot Options is a boot-up menu, meaning before Windows, because once Windows has loaded, the system has already booted. This menu is also a part of the Windows installation, so if you can see the loading screen with the four colored orbs, then there is no doubt that this menu is available.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
a b C Monitor
May 18, 2011 7:18:26 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Overclocking by Mousemonkey
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
a b C Monitor
May 18, 2011 7:19:56 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Monitor Works on XP but dont work on windows 7 ??????
    a c 271 U Graphics card
    a b $ Windows 7
    a b C Monitor
    May 18, 2011 7:21:07 PM

    This topic has been moved from the section Overclocking to section Graphics & Displays by Mousemonkey
    a c 271 U Graphics card
    a b $ Windows 7
    a b C Monitor
    May 18, 2011 7:21:30 PM

    This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Hd monitor wont work on windows 7 but works on windows xp ????
    !