X58 wont detect HDD

G

Hello,
For 2 years or so I have had 2 HDD connected to my Sabertooth X58. Suddenly both of them stop working and my BIOS cannot find any HDD. The "boot device led" is also lit up. I installed latest BIOS and I have tried more or less everything else I can think of and have read on the net. (including making sure the cables are connected)
Anyone have some thoughts?

Welcome to Tom's Forum! :)

HDD failures by themselves are unfortunately commonplace, but anytime you have multiple simulations HDD (drive) failures it's either the PSU or Controller failure.

You can first try a Clear CMOS via the Jumper method, unplug the PSU from the wall for ~5 minutes then read the manual for the location of the Jumper; see - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0

Problem, the Intel ICH10R controller is the only 'boot' controller and the Marvell is data only. You can try the HDD if possible in a different PC to see if it 'works' or try different Intel SATA ports or try different SATA power leads. In addition, if you changed the Intel SATA from IDE to AHCI this can also happen, so try both IDE and AHCI.