Xbox 360 to PC problems (Extender not found)

guitarwolf

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2008
Alright I'm not sure what info you guys need so just let me know. I have been trying to hook up my xbox to my pc (Vista Ultimate) through my linksys befsr1 router (latest firmware). Internet works fine but I can't get the media center on my pc to find it. It keeps saying extender not found. When I go to the network and sharing center on my pc I dont see the xbox unless I click view full map. I still can't click on it even in that view though. I have tried enabling upnp on my router and media sharing on my pc. When I try pc connection on the xbox it says pc not found. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Enabling UPnP on the router isn't going to help except for those cases where your PC and/or XBOX need to open ports on the router to allow inbound traffic to their respective platforms. At the moment this sounds more like a firewall issue. Perhaps the Windows firewall is preventing access to your PC from the XBOX? Perhaps you're using third party anti-malware that's preventing access? I would just shutdown any and all firewalls, anti-malware, etc., and see if things change.