Closed

Asrock z77 extreme4 gen3 dr.debug 10 what is error code 10?

I was recently building a new computer when I kept getting an error code 00. Eventually I got past that, but now it gives me an error code 10. The fans spin and it lights up for three seconds but then they turn off. The computer isn't getting any signal. Can someone please tell me what an error code of 10 by dr. debug means?
13 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme4 gen3 debug error code
  1. The debug code 10 means the PEI Core is Started. It shouldn't hang up right there. What LED digits does it show right before 10?
  2. I'm not sure what you mean it starts up at 10. Is there any particular number your thinking of?
  3. Try just one stick of ram, and try it in all different sockets. If you have a friend with ddr3 ram ask to borrow a stick to test that.
  4. stickg1 said:
    Try just one stick of ram, and try it in all different sockets. If you have a friend with ddr3 ram ask to borrow a stick to test that.


    Ok I'm going to have a friend come over tomorrow.
  5. You can try now with one stick of your ram. If it doesn't work try the other stick. See if your friend can bring a power supply too.
  6. The first thing to check in this case is if the CPU is supported by the board's BIOS.
  7. stickg1 said:
    You can try now with one stick of your ram. If it doesn't work try the other stick. See if your friend can bring a power supply too.


    If you have any updates it would be greatly appreciated. I am having a very similar issue.
  8. I got this error 2 days ago, switched ram slot, checked event viewer. not sure it's a software or hardware causes.
    Still have random reboot but less occurring. Might reformat the hard disk, if issue can be solve after reformat I will update again. Thank you.
  9. Guys,

    I alsof tried some stuff to solve the debug 10 error, which occured sudden after a couple of months of problemless operation. For now, moving my two ddr3 memory to the other banks has solved my problem, but no idea what has actually happened and what has solved it..
  10. Gabi186 said:
    Guys,

    I alsof tried some stuff to solve the debug 10 error, which occured sudden after a couple of months of problemless operation. For now, moving my two ddr3 memory to the other banks has solved my problem, but no idea what has actually happened and what has solved it..


    did you use dual channel when moving your ddr3 to other mem bank?
  11. Yes, i used the dual channel slots on the mobo.

    Well, actually i found out that the Kingston hyper memory type that was installed, was not on the 'supported memory' list on the asrock website. I assume now this has everything to do with it. Have a compatible set of 2x4gb 1600 kingston ddr3 which should solve everything... I hope :)
  12. Gabi186 said:
    Yes, i used the dual channel slots on the mobo.

    Well, actually i found out that the Kingston hyper memory type that was installed, was not on the 'supported memory' list on the asrock website. I assume now this has everything to do with it. Have a compatible set of 2x4gb 1600 kingston ddr3 which should solve everything... I hope :)


    Hi Gabi, is your PC still rebooting ?
    I have 1333 DDR3 2x4GB in bank 0 and bank 1, still encounter the issue.
    sometimes boot into safe mode,shut it down and on it again works but sometimes don't.
    Will the reboot caused by PSU?
  13. With the old DDR3 installed, the system did not reboot anymore. The new and compatible DDR3 is installed today and everything runs smoothly and much(!) faster. So my advice: doublecheck the compatibility of the memory with the mobo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Computer Debugger ASrock