ASrock Z77 Extreme 4

Hello, I am wondering if this motherboard is good for my first build. I plan to overclock my i5 3570K to about 4.2 Ghz. I am new and want to know if this board is reliable and easy to navigate the UEFI. Also, can I use a SDD and HDD with this board ?
7 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme
  1. Awesome motherboard, great value. I've worked on two 3570Ks on that exact board. You WILL need a quality aftermarket CPU cooler. And you will need to tinker with the CPU voltage, if you leave it on auto it will set the voltage higher then necessary and will result in excessive borderline unsafe heat. Set it to auto, see what voltage it gives you, and then take it down .025v at a time until it is unstable. Then just bump it back up +.025 and you have yourself the sweetspot. (Should be between 1.15v-1.225v)
  2. Its an ok board in my view asrock has not proven its reliability I would go with gigabyte myself. It has amazing features however!
  3. I have a hyper 212 + that I will be ordering. How is ASrocks customer service if my board is DOA?
  4. USMC0353 said:
    I have a hyper 212 + that I will be ordering. How is ASrocks customer service if my board is DOA?

I don't know about customer support, never had to call. I have dealt with Gigabyte a few times though. Good service, rather not have to call though.

I prefer asrock boards, asus is my second favorite.
  5. Alright, and one more question, I am getting a SDD and a HDD, should I buy an extra SATA cable ?
  6. Your motherboard will come with 4 cables.
  7. Alright cool. Thanks for the help. I will be getting this MOBO.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Motherboards