Please help with build for gaming

Aganos

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: +/- 4000

System Usage from Most to Least Important:gaming, video editing

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Alternate

Country of Origin: Netherlands

Parts Preferences: by brand or type:

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
parts i've decided on for now,

CPU: i7-990x
MOBO: rampage 3 black or g1 assassin
GPU:2x evga gtx 580
RAM: corsair ddr3-2000 12gb
HDD1:ocz vtx3 240g
HDD2:western digital 2tb
PSU:cooler master silent pro 1200W
CASE:
COOLING:

er, yeah, that's what i currently decided on, any suggestions for the missing parts or optimization for parts already there is greatly appreciated, thanks.

rvilkman

Distinguished
Switch the PSU to Corsair AX1200 ( Corsair CMPSU-1200AX ) at that wattage it's about the best you can get. Price difference is minimal.

Case: Silverstone Fortress FT02 - it's about 250€ if you can find it somewhere, doesn't seem to be in stock at that place.
It's similar in structure to the Silverstone raven 02 except that imho it looks better.
Link to the product page.
Can get it from amazon.de for example ~220€.

CPU cooler: Noctual NH-D14 75€

And considering the juice on that machine, i hope you intend to get a new monitor or 3 as well :)

Ah and if you intend to get like a 30" monitor or go with 3 full HD monitors. Consider getting 3GB versions of the GTX580
EVGA GTX580 3GB 519€ the bigger memory will help with AA in high resolutions.