Status
Not open for further replies.

fuglly

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
so my computer is suffering from stress-induced reboots. Unfortunaetly I do not get a bsod or anything it just reboots instantly, displaying nothing. I built a almoooost brand new system (minus the psu hehe) and the specs are as follows : i7 2600k, asus sabertooth mobo, 8gb ddr3 ram (not bad already tested) 500gb and 1tb hdds which obviously aren't the problem, and my 560gtx ti twin frozr II which has been my guinea pig for testing.

I started out with an evga 560 gtx ti ds which I thought was the problem, as when I benchmarked/watched videos/games it would crash the system after a bit, and the only solution that solved it was either removing the card or completely underclocking to minimum settings. But after switching out cards and having the exact same problem (complete overclocking is the only thing that solves this problem once again) I am starting to suspect my thermaltake 750w (i think?) anyhow its more than enough to power my system but it is several years old and I pulled it from my previous setup thinking it would work fine since it worked perfectly fine in the last one.

anyhow that is the problem, instant reboots when I give it even a tiny bit of gaming/benchmarking stress unless i underclock my gpu down to its minimum settings...

so is my psu the problem or should i suspect something else faulty? everything else is brand new and runs fine without the gpu being normally clocked.. thanks!

beenthere

Distinguished
A GTX 560 requires a good amount of power.

You can accurately determine what PSU power is required in watts and amps. on the 12v rail from the link below. It's straight forward and easy so no guessing is required. Then you will have an idea if you are maxing out your PSU. It will also show you how to determine which model PSUs are quality PSUs that can deliver the necessary power for your PC if you need a new one.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read-determine-power-required

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Thats a good psu but do try to get another PSU to test it and see if thats the issue. Try to borrow a friends psu and see if it works. If it works, then your psu is the culprit and you'll need a new one.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.