Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P8z68-v LX wont boot

Last response: in Motherboards
July 19, 2012 5:17:15 AM

I haven't used my computer in about 2 months cause I had to sell some parts.Now that I finnaly get my ivy bridge and gtx 670 my stuff wont work :(  you can hear the fans start up but no signal to the monitor then after a few seconds it turns off.then on...The only time the computer will even stay on if there is no ram in the socket.I think I did upgrade the bios when I did have it working but still though.I reset the bios and took out the battery.THe dram light is red so I held the button but it wont do anything cause the computer just turns off anyways...Can somebody please help me..I been looking forward for my computer to work again but now this is just making me sad :( 

thanks

More about : asus p8z68 wont boot

July 19, 2012 5:41:45 AM

What are your pc specs? Do you get a post beep? Does the pc boot with one ram in closest slot to cpu?
m
l
July 19, 2012 5:42:41 AM

Also did you clear the CMOS?
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2012 5:52:55 AM

ivy in a z68 chipset? you need the bios update and since you reset it.. i think you need to do it again.
m
l
July 19, 2012 6:04:21 AM

you sure? the dram light is the only red one and my box says 22nm ready.
m
l
July 19, 2012 6:11:21 AM

Resetting bios does not change bios version!
m
l
July 19, 2012 6:14:00 AM

And on you board taking out battery will not clear CMOS. You need to change CMOS connector on 3pin connection labeled CMOS.
m
l
July 19, 2012 6:24:29 AM

Swolern said:
And on you board taking out battery will not clear CMOS. You need to change CMOS connector on 3pin connection labeled CMOS.

I tried doing that but it still wont boot..I think I am just doing something wrong...:( 

I'll keep trying though :) 
m
l
July 19, 2012 6:43:41 AM

Did you try 1st ram slot ram only? If not then check cpu pins on motherboard to make sure they are not bent.
m
l
July 19, 2012 5:54:59 PM

Swolern said:
Did you try 1st ram slot ram only? If not then check cpu pins on motherboard to make sure they are not bent.

I tried the first slot,second,third,and fourth..still didnt work.I can't even hold the memok button for it to do anything cause it turns off in about 3-6 seconds.I also took out the cpu and put it back in still didnt work,and no bent pins.
m
l
July 19, 2012 8:52:08 PM

If you updated to the latest bios and still same problem it sounds like memory controller problem. You never answered 1st question @ specs or beeps....
m
l
!